Tunicate/Sponge or something else?

  • Thread starter Thread starter swiss1939
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

swiss1939

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 6, 2020
Messages
540
Reaction score
498
Location
Space Coast
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1135.jpg


Large mass of white tubes coming out of a central spot on the underside of a rock got from TBS. Started small and has grown pretty large and wide over 6 months. Now the tubes are showing up on other rocks near it.

They don't move or sway.
 
That’s very interesting. Following along. My guess would be tunicate but I’ve never seen any like that
 
Wowie that is interesting! Forwarded your image to J to learn her thoughts. Thank you for sharing!
 
1135.jpg


Large mass of white tubes coming out of a central spot on the underside of a rock got from TBS. Started small and has grown pretty large and wide over 6 months. Now the tubes are showing up on other rocks near it.

They don't move or sway.
J - "My guess would be a tunicate; however, I cannot see an excurrent opening. I have not seen a similar organism on rock harvested from our farm."
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new