Tunze 3162 not moving water through it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One question, I just called the engineers in Germany and we discussed this problem, does everyone who has posted here have a cap with this small hole in the center of it? This hole is not supposed to be here, apparently the mold is set up for this hole but it is for a future use and no parts should exist with this hole. Our going assumption is that this hole is letting air in reducing the suction so the pump cannot prime. I had assumed it was deliberate and was an air vent, but logically it reduces the suction and allows air intrusion as well.

Attachments

• IMG_3960.jpeg
    IMG_3960.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 33

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am doing some more tests with the solid cap, but if this is your issue, please message me and we will get you the correct solid cap.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the solid cap solves it for sure.

OP
OP
C

craiginphoenix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am still having this problem. I am a little slow to respond because taking apart the whole unit is annoying and now that I know I can pull it out to fix I just make sure to never turn the power off. But I still need it fixed.

I do not have a hole on my cap. Here is a picture.

What do I need to do to fix this?
IMG_1408.jpeg

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since everything else checks out, I am nearly certain it is a weak impeller magnet. Can you message me a copy of the receipt and the serial number and we will get one out? The serial number is on the black tag on the pump cord.

OP
OP
C

craiginphoenix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I just left for vacation today (which is why I took apart the Tunze and cleaned it) so I wont be able to send until next week when I return.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem, I have the part in stock, just message me when you get back and we will get one out to you.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 44 28.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back