tunze 6015,6025,6045 with 6095 housing?

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was wondering..since all these pumps are the same size...has anyone ever taken the prop housing of the 6095 that has the wide flow opening and put it on the smaller pumps to see if it gives a larger area of flow? I am thinking about trying it since the housing is only 11bucks but I wanna make sure it fits before I order..I would assume it would direct fit?

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be interested to see the result. A wider output on a smaller sized pump may make it feel like its not pushing much at all though. The smaller output may be needed to move that water consistently with a smaller pump like that.

kuyatwo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the variable power supply you can move it to 24 volts that should increase the flow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
it will be some time i think..they dont have them in stock since its new and wont be shipping till early to mid feb. So hopefully they ship mine as soon as they come in stock

billwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you post the question to Roger on the Tunze vendor forum on the "other" reef forum? He's quite fast in answering, and is Mr Tunze usa

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
no i saw someone posted something like it...he said it would fit and work but water flow wouldnt reach very far..Thats fine with me though cause my tank isnt very big and I want wider flow then being able to reach super far.

billwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked on the Tunze sponsor forum on the other reef forums, and Roger said this will not work because the 6045 and smaller require the stop built into their casing. They would fit he said, but the propeller would simply spin out and not be held in place if they started in reverse. I don't know what it takes for these to start backwards, but it sounds like it does happen. I guess if you run then constant (which is what they're designed to do), and they start the right direction you're golden! Let us know if you do it because I'm thinking of doing the same thing on my 6045's if it works.

OP
OP
J

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HOLY CRAP...I just got the housing today...the clips for it dont it the 6015 right so i just cut them off and it stays on..but as soon as I turned in on it almost shot water out of the tank its soooo wide..the increase in flow is crazy and how wide it is..a huge undertow happened as soon as I turned it on..WOW I am amazed by how much this actually changed this pump. I had to lower the pump like 2" down or it almost shot water over my center brace..this is DEF AN AWESOME mod

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back