Tunze 6055 vibrating and making loud noise after a cleaning :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Sugo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have two Tunze 6055's that I've recently given a vinegar bath. One of the 6055's however is making a loud noise and vibrating violently. I took prop out to inspect and I'm almost positive I may have lost the (6055.740) because I noticed this piece being on the well working unit and not on the unit in question. Please advise if you agree with my theory as I have placed my order last night for 6055.740.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Dennis Taylor

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The disk being missing will usually result in clicking noises more than vibration. Vibration is more likely when the shaft was pulled out. The metal shaft is meant to be permanently part of the motor and while sometimes repairable, if the shaft cemented to the drive unit by calcium and was forced out of the motor, this can destroy the motor and leave the only repair option being a new motor. Basically, with the drive unit out, their should be a metal shaft centered in the impeller well, if this is not their or is inside the drive unit, it will need to be sent in for repair if possible, worst case the motor has to be replaced.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.2%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 49.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back