Tunze 6095 not working

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jtl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The prop is very difficult to turn and will not turn on its own. I have soaked it in vinegar with no success not that I let my pumps get calcified anyway. I have two of these so I switched the controllers from one to the other. The problem is clearly in the motor. It is under warranty so how do I make a claim?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calcium build up is not a warranty issue and typically a difficult to turn prop will only be due to debris or calcium deposits. You would be welcome to send it in and we will do our best to free it up. My experience with calcium build up is that you will go a long way to defeating it by keeping the magnesium levels up, this disrupts the formation of precipitate. If the magnesium gets low, it is much more of an issue though a high pH, KH or Calcium will all add to it. It is also very important that the pump is disassembled before cleaning, if the drive unit is not removed, the soaking does not do much of anything to clean the tight spaces inside. You might try before sending it in, soaking it overnight in straight vinegar and then pulling the drive unit without excessive force while applying a twisting motion.

OP
OP
jtl

jtl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fixed that problem, thanks. Now the PH is not working again but the prop turns manually, however the lights are yellow and it does not turn on.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back