Tunze 6095 Troubleshooting

Valhalla Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 18, 2019
Messages
90
Reaction score
88
Location
White Rock BC Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I’m trying to troubleshoot one of my Tunze 6095’s . It’s getting power but won’t turn. (At least I believe it is as the light on the power brick is still on)
I’ve disassembled, cleaned & citric acid bath and reassembled - but still not moving.
Im now suspecting maybe the motor block has died. Unless there’s a chance the impeller is the culprit. Does anyone know how to determine if it’s the block or impeller?
 
Can't help you here, but I'm sure someone will chime in.
 
Upvote 0
Can you spin the impeller inside the pump? Sometimes the controller is set for off, so maybe just start pushing the buttons and see if it will come on.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new