Tunze 9004 DC Skimmer blinking blue light

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Polyp Papi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there! I recently picked up a new Tunze 9004 DC skimmer. It was running for a day before it shut off and the controller is blinking blue. I’ve looked in the skimmer for debris. Unplugged and plugged back in. The pump does not turn on at all and the controller keeps blinking blue. Any suggestions?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will generally indicate the motor is jammed or the impeller is broken. A very common cause on a new unit will be that the impeller cover which the air hose is attached to came loose in shipping and is binding on the impeller. On a newer set up, fine sediment and dust entering the impeller well can also be a cause. I would open the skimmer and remove the impeller from the pump, check it carefully as well as the well in the pump for any debris or cracks/breaks in the impeller and magnet. You can try a brief dry test run of the pump before reassembling it. Make sure the impeller cover is clipped onto the top of the motor.

OP
OP
P

Polyp Papi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will generally indicate the motor is jammed or the impeller is broken. A very common cause on a new unit will be that the impeller cover which the air hose is attached to came loose in shipping and is binding on the impeller. On a newer set up, fine sediment and dust entering the impeller well can also be a cause. I would open the skimmer and remove the impeller from the pump, check it carefully as well as the well in the pump for any debris or cracks/breaks in the impeller and magnet. You can try a brief dry test run of the pump before reassembling it. Make sure the impeller cover is clipped onto the top of the motor.
Thanks for the quick reply! I really appreciate it. So I took the skimmer apart, including the impeller. I didn’t see anything of concern and put it all back together. I tried running it and nothing still. The controller still blinks blue. Is there a way to reset it maybe?

OP
OP
P

Polyp Papi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: It was determined that the pump I had was defective. Tunze sent out a new one, only took two days to receive. I got everything plugged in and all is running smoothly. Highly recommend Tunze and this skimmer. Thanks!!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back