Tunze 9012 skimmer not foaming

  • Thread starter Thread starter unklez
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

unklez

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2020
Messages
106
Reaction score
49
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the waterline midway on the intake grill of the 9012 skimmer, also tried higher or lower with no success. Its a little on the loud side and I only see bubbles 1mm into the cup tunnel instead of halfway or filling the tunnel. Pretty sure something wrong with the motor.

I installed it a week ago and it was foaming but was on the loud side so i turned it off for a day or 2 and now I have the above issue. It sounds like a washing machine thats churning.
 
Already did its turning, just being slowed down by some magnetism.
 
Is this the DC model or AC? If AC, I think it is likely only a bad impeller that is slipping.
 
is your air intake clogged?
 
Yeah It's the AC model. No it's not clogged I bought it 2 weeks ago. I blew into it and was fine.
 
Well it doesn't foam in still water either so the problem is not on my end.
 
Guess it was on my end after all :> We figured it out with Tunze support my water was too clean. Thanks all.

The new media reactor on my new aquarium must be doing a good job heh.
 
Did they say to just let it run or shut it off once in awhile?
Yeah just let it run 24/7 put the skimmer little bit more above water level so cup doesnt get overfilled and or dont close the silencer but keep it wide open till the skimmer runs in pry take a week if the tank is new.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new