Tunze ATO

Stevesw718

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two water containers for mixing and ATO water holding… when you move the pump around from the water, do you always have to blow the air out of the hose to get it going? I noticed when I left the pump with out blowing the air, it’ll just keep running and not fill the tank.

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the tunze pump runs dry it often needs to get reprimed with water before it will start. The best option is to not let the pump run dry. You can also just flip the pump upsidedown to get the air bubbles out if that is easier.

Mike konesky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just grab the pump by the 2 cords and shake up and down while submerged to prime it, with the pump running (unplug, plug in). Don't bonk it against the bottom though. They lose prime easy when you pull them out of the water.

Last edited:

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alternatively, the controller can run other small DC pumps. I'm sure the bilge pump style pump they sell is better suited long term, but I replaced mine for a micro DC pump that essentially runs silently and does not have these priming issues.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back