Tunze ATO

Stevesw718

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2022
Messages
75
Reaction score
30
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two water containers for mixing and ATO water holding… when you move the pump around from the water, do you always have to blow the air out of the hose to get it going? I noticed when I left the pump with out blowing the air, it’ll just keep running and not fill the tank.
 
If the tunze pump runs dry it often needs to get reprimed with water before it will start. The best option is to not let the pump run dry. You can also just flip the pump upsidedown to get the air bubbles out if that is easier.
 
Just grab the pump by the 2 cords and shake up and down while submerged to prime it, with the pump running (unplug, plug in). Don't bonk it against the bottom though. They lose prime easy when you pull them out of the water.
 
Last edited:
got it, good to know, will give the shake a try, ty
 
Alternatively, the controller can run other small DC pumps. I'm sure the bilge pump style pump they sell is better suited long term, but I replaced mine for a micro DC pump that essentially runs silently and does not have these priming issues.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new