Tunze Comline 9004 DC

BlakeP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a comline 9004 DC to place in my sump. I have 9 1/2” of water depth in the sump. According to Tunze 8.9” to 9.7” of water depth is the required specs. From the bottom of the skimmer to the bottom of the surface skimmer is about 8.75”. That means with about 3/8” to 1/2” of the surface skimmer below the water, I only have about 1/4” from the bottom of the skimmer to the sump. Doesn’t seem like much clearance. Anyone have any experience with how much clearance the skimmer needs to function correctly?? Can the surface skimmer be adjusted above the waterline and the skimmer still work correctly?

Ignitros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one... You should be able to just mount it to the glass with the provided magnets and adjust the skimmer till the water is in the middle of the small grates or teeth at the front of the skimmer. From there you can adjust the flow on the controller till you get the bubbles at the level you want them within the flute of the skimmer cup. The skimmer sucks water in through those grates and down through the skimmer, out the bottom.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%

Back