Tunze Comline Multifilter 3161???

minorhero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello folks!

Going to be starting up a pico tank in the coming weeks. Thinking of using the tunze comline 3161, but wanted to check with other people who have experience with this filter to see how it performs in the medium and long term. Reviews on this filter are very few and far between and essentially non-existent beyond first impressions. So any insight would be helpful. Thank you in advance for any information.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the Tunze gear works really good for the most part. If you don't have an AIO (all-in-one) pico tank, a separate filter is probably your best bet. The only other one I'm familiar with is the Seachem Tidal series.

OP
OP
minorhero

minorhero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the Tunze gear works really good for the most part. If you don't have an AIO (all-in-one) pico tank, a separate filter is probably your best bet. The only other one I'm familiar with is the Seachem Tidal series.

The Seachem tidal is a hang on back filter and there are a number of those around. I was thinking to keep things internal for simplification, but I haven't decided for certain. Ideally, there will be someone who is actively using the tunze that can give me a heads up.

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I‘ve been using the Tunze 3168 Comline filter for two years in my 75 gallons. It does a very good job.
Does the surface skimming function work?

I noticed the Seachem Tidal doesn't really actually skim the surface unless your water level is very low. Also, the Comline is likely much quieter.

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the surface skimming function work?

I noticed the Seachem Tidal doesn't really actually skim the surface unless your water level is very low. Also, the Comline is likely much quieter.
I haven’t used it this way. I took out the big container inside and used the other part. This way I could use filter floss and carbon or other with it.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back