Tunze Osmator

EHaddad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the optic sensor keeps getting a film on it and its not topping off my tank. I have the sensor in my return chamber. What can I do to help prevent this? I’m about to go out of town and would like to get this fixed before I leave.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine does on the odd occasion as well, and I do try to remember to give the sensor a wipe when I am going a a trip -

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is happen every other day pretty much
then I suspect it is another issue, mine is sporadic, but not more than once every 2 months
this ATO is widely accepted and the most reliable and I would call CS of it it that often

Best of luck

OP
OP
EHaddad

EHaddad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
then I suspect it is another issue, mine is sporadic, but not more than once every 2 months
this ATO is widely accepted and the most reliable and I would call CS of it it that often

Best of luck
Only thing I can think of is when I turn my pump off the sump water level does go up and maybe that has something to do with that.

OP
OP
EHaddad

EHaddad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But are you having issues because of those levels. Don't go by what someone else tells you, your corals/animals will tell if they are fine, not some number.
No they were struggling my LFS is very trustworthy. He has never tried to sell me any chemicals to date. I contacted Tunze and they said dosing NoPox can cause a film on the optical sensor that can keep it from working.

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rvitko frequents these forums and works for Tunze and is great about troubleshooting these issues. I had a similar issue with mine and think it was just needing a film to develop on the sensor.

Here is what he has said about similar issues: "new plastic is a bubble magnet so every little bubble that comes by clings to it. The main thing is to give it some time to develop a biofilm and make sure the top off hose and any other source of bubbles/splash is not near the optic sensor."

Hope this helps!

OP
OP
EHaddad

EHaddad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rvitko frequents these forums and works for Tunze and is great about troubleshooting these issues. I had a similar issue with mine and think it was just needing a film to develop on the sensor.

Here is what he has said about similar issues: "new plastic is a bubble magnet so every little bubble that comes by clings to it. The main thing is to give it some time to develop a biofilm and make sure the top off hose and any other source of bubbles/splash is not near the optic sensor."

Hope this helps!
The top off hose is in my tank in the overflow. The optical sensor only works when I clean it off. If I let the biofilm stay on it it doesn’t work. This is opposite of what Tunze customer service told me.

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No they were struggling my LFS is very trustworthy. He has never tried to sell me any chemicals to date. I contacted Tunze and they said dosing NoPox can cause a film on the optical sensor that can keep it from working.
Good to know. I would try PNS Probio as a way of controlling nutrients instead of NoPox. Have you tried growing macro algae as another way of reducing nutrients? How are your corals struggling? What can you tell me about your tank and animals?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back