Tunze Osmolator 3155 - bad optical sensor?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

RyanCSGO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I set up the ATO, I have both the optical sensor and the float switch exposed to air.
The pump kicks on and stops the water at the normal height on the optical sensor, a couple seconds later it kicks back on and fills to the float switch level.
The water in the container is perfectly still, so its not a water turbulence issue.

Could the optical sensor just be a bad egg?

I've gone through this 3 or 4 times to make sure the problem repeats.

Mindi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has it previously worked in this position/location or is it a new setup..?

when it comes back on does it run long enough to raise the float to the cutoff siren point...or just move the float..?

OP
OP
RyanCSGO

RyanCSGO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New set up. Bought the ATO about a month ago and its been in the box until i set the tank up this past Wednesday the 26th.
when it turns back on it runs until the float switch cuts it off.

Mindi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had a similar problem when i had mine is a small volume area and the level went straight past the optical sensor as it was rising too fast to react to it..but doesnt sound like same thing. Could only suggest check optical sensor clean but if dirty would read early. Contact the Tunze service manager Roget Vitko on the Tunze pages here or on Reef Central or at Tunze America. He knows the products inside out.

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roger is great. I had a similar problem with mine. I contacted Roger and he was wonderful. Walked me through my initial frustration and concern. Tunze products truly are well made. Roger is so knowledgeable, helpful and supportive. Best customer service that I have ever encountered.

Just needed to let the optical sensor sit in the tank for a few days to get biofilm on the optical sensor and since then has worked flawlessly

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of the time on new units that do this it is debugging air bubbles. When new, new plastic is a bubble magnet so every little bubble that comes by clings to it. The main thing is to give it some time to develop a biofilm and make sure the top off hose and any other source of bubbles/splash is not near the optic sensor.

OP
OP
RyanCSGO

RyanCSGO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of the time on new units that do this it is debugging air bubbles. When new, new plastic is a bubble magnet so every little bubble that comes by clings to it. The main thing is to give it some time to develop a biofilm and make sure the top off hose and any other source of bubbles/splash is not near the optic sensor.
I apprecaite the follow up. Yeah I think I jumped the gun on this post as it started working perfectly shortly after I made it.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 102 80.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back