Tunze Osmilator 3155 ATO with SpectraPure LiterMeter G7 pump

ttf5003

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have been using a Tunze 3155 for the past 7 years out of a bucket beneath my tank. I'd like to start pulling RO water out of a Brute in my basement that is about 20 feet horizontally and 9 feet vertically away. Sorry for the basic questions but there is very little info on Spectrapure's website.

I saw some reference that I should be able to wire the Litermeter pump directly to the tunze 3155 brain, is that true? Then I understand the Litermeter G7 should be able to be in my cabinet and suck out of a ro line that far? It's appealing to just run tubing and not have to run wiring to a pump in the basement that far. If I'm doing that option should I just buy the cheapest pump for $249.99?

Or for an extra $50 I can buy their basic ATO for $299.99, would that be worth it and just sell the Tunze?

At $439.99 the Ultra Precise is a little out of my price range but I could be convinced if it's more reliable/worth it.

Thanks,

Travis

OP
OP
T

ttf5003

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you check into new Tunze Turbelle high jet pump? state it can pump 20.3 feet
Thanks, I was not aware they released a new pump. I couldn't confirm that it could to that much suction like the lifemeter, but for that cost savings I could run some wire to the basement.

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the exact same thing with the Tunze high jet and a roll of cased speaker wire from Monoprice it works wonderfully.

Standard 1/4 RO tubing fits (tightly) into the pump which is extra nice.

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 5 oldliter meter pumps. They are awesome. I use for Kalk reactors and ato pumps. Rey reliable and will pump huge vertically or horizontally. I also use masterflex pumps. Even better but more spendy

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back