Tunze Osmolator Problems

CRABDADDY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I've had a tunze osmolator for my ato running for 2 years. I am pumping kalk though it and it's stopped working. The pump is trying to move water through it, but it sounds like it's rapidly turning on and off. No water ends up being pumped into the tank as a result of this. I'm trying to figure out whether this is an issue with the pump, or maybe the controller. I believe some water may have gotten into the power supply port of the controller at some point, but I'm not sure if that's causing this issue. I'm trying to decide whether to replace the pump, or the whole unit. Any ideas?

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I've had a tunze osmolator for my ato running for 2 years. I am pumping kalk though it and it's stopped working. The pump is trying to move water through it, but it sounds like it's rapidly turning on and off. No water ends up being pumped into the tank as a result of this. I'm trying to figure out whether this is an issue with the pump, or maybe the controller. I believe some water may have gotten into the power supply port of the controller at some point, but I'm not sure if that's causing this issue. I'm trying to decide whether to replace the pump, or the whole unit. Any ideas?
Sounds like you need to replace the pump. In my experience the pump last about two years

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pumps are cheap and I would try that first as kalk can be hard on the pumps.

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pumps are cheap and I would try that first as kalk can be hard on the pumps.
I don't use kalk, but I've always heard it wrecks pumps a lot sooner than they'd otherwise last. Luckily those pumps are cheap and IME, work really well. I bought a spare pumps to use for other things.

But before you (@OP) do that. Pull the tube off the pump and run it. Make sure it's not a clog in the line or the line not seated correctly into the pump.

Back