Tunze Osomlator 5017 ATO - Water level Issue

baktabiznis

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2015
Messages
155
Reaction score
39
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Tunze 5017 ATO in my Red Sea Reefer 250 sump that's about 3 months old and I can't get the water level in my return to stay consistent. It's like it has a mind if its own. I will have the water level set and the ATO will come on and keep it consistent for a while but then the water level will being to drop. If I unplug and replug in the ATO it will kick on and try and catch up but never does. It will even say "low Level" and begin to pump but soon after goes green and stops but the water line will barely be above the return pump. The optical sense is mounted at least 3" above the return..

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
 
I have a Tunze 5017 ATO in my Red Sea Reefer 250 sump that's about 3 months old and I can't get the water level in my return to stay consistent. It's like it has a mind if its own. I will have the water level set and the ATO will come on and keep it consistent for a while but then the water level will being to drop. If I unplug and replug in the ATO it will kick on and try and catch up but never does. It will even say "low Level" and begin to pump but soon after goes green and stops but the water line will barely be above the return pump. The optical sense is mounted at least 3" above the return..

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Is the tunze new or used?

Might have a bad controller.
 
I am not sure if this applies to your system, but if you have large tank and your osmolator is set on "NANO" then it might cause problems like yours.
"Setting the pumping power
“Dosing power”
The dosing pump can be set by means of the internal
potentiometer in the controller (4).
“nano” setting: small aquariums, for a maximum
pumping height of 1.0m (39 in.).
“medium” setting, delivery condition: medium-sized
aquariums, for a maximum pumping height of 2.8m
(110 in.).
“max” setting: aquariums up to 1,000L (264 USgal.),
for a maximum pumping height of 3.9m (154 in.)"
 
Thank I fixed it... Dirty optical sensor. seems to be working now. Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new