Tunze Reefpack 500

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kalinina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 125 tank I am setting up and just found the reef pack 500. Has anyone set this up on a similar tank size with a medium/high bioload? (I am guessing future bioload)

I would rather keep it simple and not drill/plumb a sump if the tunze reef pack would work.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran my 215 with essentially a cobbled together version, I used a 3168 and a 9012DC and a 3155 Osmolator. The only difference was using the DC version of 9012. It worked well and I only replaced it to upgrade to a 265 and move, it ran for almost 3 years this way. With that said, you do trade simplicity, lower cost and less risk of flooding for versatility, having a sump gives you more options to grow and it is much harder to change later as I would generally advise against hang on overflows, they tend to be a headache.

IMG_1278.jpeg

OP
OP
Kalinina

Kalinina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Beautiful tank!!

Thank you so much for replying! So it is possible. I had written off going sumpless previously as my research concluded hob skimmers and canister filters were not good options, so I started researching sumps. And then I found the Tunze reefpack! I am leaning towards using it. Especially since it worked well for you. In the future if I upgrade, a sump is an option.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such a set up is common in Europe, main reason being that most people live in a multifamily type arrangement and the liability for flooding is high. It definitely works.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back