Tunze skimmer is it working?

bluestar87

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2024
Messages
26
Reaction score
22
Location
Mississippi
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this skimmer. It says it produces no bubbles and is very quiet. How do you know it's working? It has been 24 hours and I don't see anything in the cup. I can't tell if it is even on. There is a light on the controller and I have it turned all the way up and still can't tell
 
20240525_212954.jpg
forgot to post the picture lol
 
If you can’t tell if its on then it is probably not working as in my experience you can tell a Tunze skimmer is on from another room.
 
I have this skimmer. It says it produces no bubbles and is very quiet. How do you know it's working? It has been 24 hours and I don't see anything in the cup. I can't tell if it is even on. There is a light on the controller and I have it turned all the way up and still can't tell
 

Attachments

  • 20240526_105720.mp4
    31.9 MB
I'd pull it apart and check the pump looks like it's not working at all.
 
Hi!

I had the exact same problem.
The skimmer is not working (in your video) but you can fix it.

Just open it up carefully following the instructions. Probably the tube or some propeller is not properly in place.

After that this sound (from the video) is not there anymore and you should see a lot of bubble when taking the lid off.

Best
Liftoff
 
Very helpful in this regard is this video for the skimmer (Roger was mentioned before)

 
He refers to your (our) problem exactly at 15min 30s in the video I posted. That is probably the part that is loose there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new