Tunze stream 3 stopped working

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bubblemytip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

My stream 3 stopped working so I took it apart for a clean with citric acid and noticed this in the impeller cavity. Not sure if this is the cause or an issue Tunze might be aware of? Seems like some crazing of the plastic?

Any advice would be welcome. Have tried using different power supplies (as have 3 of these pumps) and it seems like an issue with the powerhead itself.
Thanks
D7947F4D-5EB1-4137-B45D-924DFFD96C36.jpeg

B58A87EC-BC6D-4F73-BA60-DB9917F62D7B.jpeg

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The inside looks normal, the center tube is clear so you can see the copper windings inside, this was something we thought would be cool but often caused panic in customers so the latest pumps are black sleeved inside. They do sand the top edge of this tube during assembly, roughly 1/4" down from the top is roughened. Do any lights flash on the power head itself?

OP
OP
bubblemytip

bubblemytip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response. No lights flash on the pump itself but the external control led on the driver flashes and the led on the power supply also flashes (whichever power supply I use).

Pump is probably about 3 years old and fully cleaned with critic every 6 months (I run lower alk) and this seemed all needed.

I had another stream 3 do the same after about a year but I just replaced it because I had ordered from overseas. Probably will do the same again but thought I should at least try and troubleshoot.
Thanks for the help.

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response. No lights flash on the pump itself but the external control led on the driver flashes and the led on the power supply also flashes (whichever power supply I use).

Pump is probably about 3 years old and fully cleaned with critic every 6 months (I run lower alk) and this seemed all needed.

I had another stream 3 do the same after about a year but I just replaced it because I had ordered from overseas. Probably will do the same again but thought I should at least try and troubleshoot.
Thanks for the help.
You should still be under warranty then right?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, this pump has a five year warranty, I would contact Tunze Germany or the distributor for warranty.

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks for the help.
Did you get a resolution? I'm having the exact same issue with one of my Stream 3s.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.6%
Back