Tunze stream 3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to the manual the pump is even more silent when not using the guard. @bubblemytip is that how you have yours set up?

I just ordered a second stream 3 so now I have two.

What is the best way to get the screen off the top. I find it difficult @rvitko
The only way is to remove the top cover and push it out from the inside, to remove the cover you squeeze in the 4 tabs.

OP
OP
Bugger

Bugger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the second pump installed in still getting dead spots it seems the pump are pushing against each other. I think up next will either be a 7097 or a 7000
20190814_164540.jpg

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the second pump installed in still getting dead spots it seems the pump are pushing against each other. I think up next will either be a 7097 or a 7000
20190814_164540.jpg
You might try placing them horizontal so one is closer to the top and one closer to the bottom, you could use a very slight upward angle.

OP
OP
Bugger

Bugger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @rvitko I played around with them a little. At lowest setting what kind of flow do you get out of them. because they seem to push water even at the lowest setting

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Stream 3 slows to 5% power, with the levitation drive off and on is impractical as the pump takes a couple seconds to levitate the drive unit and start, so we use 5% instead of off in general.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone having trouble getting the wave? I'm using the flow grid just so I don't get any fish accidentally sucked in. My tank is 3 ft long so I'm not sure if that's the main problem. Most of the youtube videos are in German which isn't helpful.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to set pulse power to minimum and not off, 5%. It should be 100%-5% and the pump aimed down the length of the aquarium, the pump cannot stop, if so it has to restart and the wave rhythym is broken. Use Auto Tune and press the button again when you see a wave, it will lock it in as Wave OK.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to set pulse power to minimum and not off, 5%. It should be 100%-5% and the pump aimed down the length of the aquarium, the pump cannot stop, if so it has to restart and the wave rhythym is broken. Use Auto Tune and press the button again when you see a wave, it will lock it in as Wave OK.
Thanks I got it to do a smaller wave. Since the tank is 3ft that may be all I get. I wonder if I can still get a wave if I mount it vertically and use the flow deflector (I will try to aim it down the length of the aquarium as much as possible)? My tank has a center overflow so if I mount it horizontally on the back glass it pretty much deflects right off the overflow which isn't very useful.

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi Roger,

I'm not sure how to read this. If I have a short power outage and happen to be away on vacation at the time, will the Stream 3s restart on the return of power and not have any problems?

Thanks,
Bob

OP
OP
Bugger

Bugger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Stream 3 slows to 5% power, with the levitation drive off and on is impractical as the pump takes a couple seconds to levitate the drive unit and start, so we use 5% instead of off in general.
So It will function at 5% which is 660 gph flow rate with the dial is set to all the way down. I thinking of buying two more and running them at the lowest setting to keep noise down. I now have both with the redirect nozzle on the sides of the tank. Does the 7000 have the exact same features as the 7096.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I got it to do a smaller wave. Since the tank is 3ft that may be all I get. I wonder if I can still get a wave if I mount it vertically and use the flow deflector (I will try to aim it down the length of the aquarium as much as possible)? My tank has a center overflow so if I mount it horizontally on the back glass it pretty much deflects right off the overflow which isn't very useful.

You can try it. In general wave height is a function of tank length, the longer the tank, the larger the wave you can produce.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Roger,

I'm not sure how to read this. If I have a short power outage and happen to be away on vacation at the time, will the Stream 3s restart on the return of power and not have any problems?

Thanks,
Bob
It will restart, the problem in this case is that wave relies on a steady rhythym, that is broken when you stop the pump. The Stream 3 you will notice has a preprogrammed start sequence to levitate the magnet and this takes a few seconds, it first levitates the drive unit and then spins it up.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So It will function at 5% which is 660 gph flow rate with the dial is set to all the way down. I thinking of buying two more and running them at the lowest setting to keep noise down. I now have both with the redirect nozzle on the sides of the tank. Does the 7000 have the exact same features as the 7096.
The 7000 does more, and the new version will do a lot more, you should be able to program many flow changes through the day in the new version.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try it. In general wave height is a function of tank length, the longer the tank, the larger the wave you can produce.
Yeah it's gonna be tough to get a wave with the way it is mounted but I will say the flow is great either way. I was worried this pump may not work for my tank but I'm pretty happy so far.

CC13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any creative ways to mount these pumps horizontally on the rear of a peninsula tank? I know I can use the deflectors but this seems to cut down on the amount of flow.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my old tank I faced the same issue and simply decided that to get the best flow would involve some compromise to having visible pumps and I mounted them on the long viewing window against the part against the wall about 6" up from the bottom. It is less than ideal but the flow result was worth the compromise.

CC13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my old tank I faced the same issue and simply decided that to get the best flow would involve some compromise to having visible pumps and I mounted them on the long viewing window against the part against the wall about 6" up from the bottom. It is less than ideal but the flow result was worth the compromise.

Ya I thought about doing this but I sort of wanted to stay away from this option if possible. Might try and get some acrylic boxes made so I can mount them horizontally on the back overflow side of the tank.

Back