Tunze stream 3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bubblemytip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run three stream 3s in my 90-gallon, and they are incredibly quiet/silent for me. They ramp from 60-100% power, creating alternating gyres in the tank. Very low maintenance pumps too, as there is very little friction/heat for calcium build-up.

OP
OP
Bugger

Bugger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you have them positioned care to share a photo of the setup

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run three stream 3s in my 90-gallon, and they are incredibly quiet/silent for me. They ramp from 60-100% power, creating alternating gyres in the tank. Very low maintenance pumps too, as there is very little friction/heat for calcium build-up.
To me this is the main feature of these pumps, they almost never need any service, I check mine every 6 months but beyond cleaning out bio slime, no real deposits to speak of.

bubblemytip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you have them positioned care to share a photo of the setup

Sure. Bare bottom tank. Two on the right, one on the left. The two that are on the bottom use the flow rectifier. The one on the right higher up is just default - for broader flow.

The other powerheads create more chaotic flow.

b7e9e503cd9adeaf5813637e57143169.jpg

OP
OP
Bugger

Bugger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I got the pump I plugged it in and it started making noise and not spinning then all the lights came on and it froze. Any idwa what is wrong with my pump

OP
OP
Bugger

Bugger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im rotor seems to be to high and touching the screen which causes it to stop. What do I do to fix it

OP
OP
Bugger

Bugger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I think I got it. The rotor was not in place. Love the pump plan on buying more

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they often come unseated in shipping, you have to push hard to seat them.

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been very happy with my stream 3 I cannot hear it at all and Roger is the best for support.

OP
OP
Bugger

Bugger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@bubblemytip are you using a tunze flow controller 7095 or are you using neptune?

Do you find your bubble tip is blown around to much or can it handle the flow?

I have a torch and it does like heavy flow.

@rvitko I do like the pump and want to buy another one what setting would you set up and use two on a neptune device.

Thanks

bubblemytip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the 7096 flow controller - this was easier for me for a couple of reasons: programming continues to work in a power cut (I would have to maintain power to a different controller like Apex or GHL otherwise using a UPS); and it comes with a moonlight. The anemone is fine in the flow and seems to enjoy it. It is a very broad flow. The anemone hasn't moved in about three years from its spot (when I upgraded, I simply lifted the rock structure from the nano and placed it in the new tank and the anemone was happy).

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't really advise on Apex settings as I have not used one and I just don't know. For Euphyllias use the grid or deflector housing to diffuse the flow and they should do well. Avoid direct flow. For anemones, definitely use the sponge guard, Bubbles in particular wander at a moments notice, Carpets and Ritteris tend to settle in and then you can do without the sponge unless you make a change to the flow pattern or lighting or layout.

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I initially controlled my stream 3 with Apex but then went back to the stock controller. The one thing I liked about the Apex vs the stock controller is the ability to incorporate swells rather than sudden changes between speeds. You can either use the magic wand function or you can use profiles with virtual outlets. The latter is far more difficult but gave good results.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bugger how are you liking the Stream 3? I've thought about getting one for my 54 gallon RSR250 but it may be overkill. Already have an MP40 and Gyre 150 lol.

OP
OP
Bugger

Bugger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Tim . Yeah its a nice pump, super quite. my fish seems to be liking it as well. It is very non directional its really can only be put on the side or back of the tank. RIght now, I have it at half power

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Tim . Yeah its a nice pump, super quite. my fish seems to be liking it as well. It is very non directional its really can only be put on the side or back of the tank. RIght now, I have it at half power
I'm surprised to hear it's non directional so that's good. I'm assuming it's a pretty wide flow pattern as well? I would probably have it at 50% or less as well.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has 3 outlets, the flow can be changed from a very directional flow to a very diffuse one by changing the outlets.

OP
OP
Bugger

Bugger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to the manual the pump is even more silent when not using the guard. @bubblemytip is that how you have yours set up?

I just ordered a second stream 3 so now I have two.

What is the best way to get the screen off the top. I find it difficult @rvitko

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back