Tunze Turbelle Owners... What Say You?

Tiki Reef Joshua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a dependable powerhead. I could care less about fancy options. I just want something with some decent control and reliability. What say you on the Tunze!?

Thanks.

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Tunzes. I have a 7 year old wavebox that is still going strong a 6040 and a Stream 3. I don't think you can go wrong with Tunze.

Don't rule out a wave box. This is absolutely one of my favorite water movement products.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a pair of Tunze 6155's and a 6040. The 6155's are integrated with my Apex, ramping up and down in opposition, and the 6040 is running on its own controller, attached to a Tunze safety switch and a battery.

They're quiet, if not silent... reliable, push a TON of water, easy to clean...

I've had many powerheads, these are my favorites so far.

WDKegge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of 6155's and two 6095's, dead silent, lots of flow, good options for basic flow control with the controller they come with, or can run them off an apex if you want to get fancy, they take up more real estate in the tank than some of the other pumps on the market, but after running the gauntlet of pumps I feel they are the absolute best on the market.

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, the magnets will burst and corrode if you use vinegar. Switched to muriatic and or citric acid for cleaning and zero problems. As will all things saltwater, you absolutely have to maintain them. I only clean maybe twice a year but to not acid wash is like pouring a bag of sand in your car engine then blaming the car builder. Coraline is some rough stuff.

OP
OP
Tiki Reef Joshua

Tiki Reef Joshua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea. I maintain everything well. I’ve just had bad luck with equipment. I’m slowly switching out everything to time tested and simple components. No bells and whistles for me.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Tunze for a long time (at one point they were about the only game in town). I’ve since switched to vortech for my water movement needs, but wouldn’t hesitate to revommend Tunze. Had the Tunze wave makers for 10 years, though a couple of my MP60 are now pushing 8 years.

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I stay in the game I’ll probably grab one. This hobby is about to fry me though. It really is super expensive and frustrating. It’s just hard to quit. Sunk cost fallacy. I’m tired of replacing expensive gear.
T5 and/or halides and some hydor powerheads. Many beastly TOTM done that way.

Tunze are very solid though.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%

Back