• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Turbo21

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... We recently purchased 8 frags from Turbo that arrived Tuesday and 3 of them are alive and I paid him like 5 days early bc I was excited and set a day to be home all day to wait for them to arrive while I was home.... I absolutely love my blasto and the Acro should be cool once it gets more color and grows... but all the zoas have either melted or don't look too good.
I recorded the process of opening the box as soon as it arrived and also recorded the unbagging... it won't upload but I have a picture.
The water smelled horrible that was our first comment 15 secs into the video. I was covering my nose lol... nothing was open except the blasto a little... but we figured it was due to shipping and no lights.... btw this was our first order from a fellow reefer on r2r...
all the zoas were small as you can see and most melted quick... We floated the bag and then drip acclimated it and then dipped them all in lugols before placing them in our tank.

I tried to pm turbo21 the second I received the package bc I was so happy it came at a decent time and his inbox was full. I also tried to.pm him a few hours later to tell him how they looked and smelled when they arrived and
I didn't want to put that in a public comment so I just posted that we got the package at that point until his inbox cleared.
Then later we tried to pm him again (flowflezy and I) and has no response for 2 days. I left posts everywhere so he could see him since he was online but maybe away from the comp at the time.... then he tells me about the 2 hour doa time period that I was unaware of. ( I do not go through every thread reading every post all the time ... I look at the pictures and names) so when ordering I didn't know that, I just gave him a list of what we liked.
Most vendors make it clear to the customer when purchasing so that there Is no confusion but that's not what I was thinking about at the time to even ask.

He did offer to replace the zoas which was very nice but I honestly just do not want to go through this again and that is why I just requested a refund for what didn't open which upset him but I'm not happy with what we have for $180 which was a part of my bfs birthday present... to finally order a pack from a r2r member with cool zoas.

We ordered : space monster, wows, pink and golds, gold dusts, superman blasto, cc watermelon milli, gummi bears, and a confusa monti. He also threw in a lava lamp mushroom freebie which is nice and open just has to color up so that was cool.

But now we are still waiting on him to respond if he is going to refund us or not....
I do not like giving negative feedback and don't like posting negative things... that's not me but it seems it's the only way to get a quicker response...

This picture attached is how they looked when they arrived. If I could attach the smell I would....

Attachments

• 1390778102459.jpg
    1390778102459.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 298
OP
OP
diamondreef

diamondreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won't be ordering much anymore... unless they are WYSIWYG but prob mostly going to go to people in my area even if i have to drive a little...

flowflezy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes was pretty upset to open a bag of corals and no right away it wasn't going to be good from the smell it had. We tried to pm his box it was full. Then when I get a message back he asked how did I acclimate them I told him. The blasto is amazing mushroom was cool and milli will be nice. But all zoas were whitish and small as u can see in the picture none looked good. As long as he fixed the problem we will be fine, I no zoas are finicky but other corals are way harder to ship. And he is not responding back to us now I just wanna no how to resolve this issue.

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok you 2

lets get your stories straight here

my pm box was full

but was emptied and i recieved 2 pms from you the day the box arrived and i responded to both of them

your box was delivered at 12:53 pm on tuesday

at 1:09 pm you posted in one of my threads that my inbox was full and you had receieved the box and was waiting for flowfrenzy to get home and acclimate them

according to your pm 5:15 pm you finally open the box and start acclimating them (which an extra 4 hrs in the box does not help shipped corals) and asked what the big coral was

and i replied it was a lava lamp musroom at around 7:00 pm

another pm at 7:36 says you got them in the tank but the light are now off for the night

No where in either of your pms on the day you received the package did you tell me anything was dead or the packages smelled

Thursday night i get a pm from flow saying he lost the monti and the zoas were closed and he is waiting it out

Friday-no contact

saturday at 12:30pm i responded to another pm from diamond saying only one of the zoa frags are opened and the rest have now melted during this pm is the first time you ever mentioned anything about the bags smelling when you opened them. You then said you wanted a refund for the pack now 4 days later
I advised you of an arrive alive guarantee and you said you did not know that was the case. I gave you the benefit of the doubt because you did not purchase from one of my for sale threads rather browsed through my posts and picked corals you liked. And i offered to ship you replacements at MY cost. Nothing at all out of your pocket. check around the boards no one not even your lfs or your locals are going to give you a refund or replace anything you buy 4 days later. But i did

so then the rest of the day saturday and today i received another 12 pms between you and flow .

i just responded to him at 5 pm today via pm with my email address so he could send the video of you opening the box

i also replied to his email asking for current pics, which i see now got stuck in my outbox

which i will resend now

Edit: private correspondence removed.

i now see you start a feedback thread because of lack of communication? really 3 hrs ago i was in contact with flow

I have gone above and beyond my obligations as a seller by offering to replace the frags at my cost that died days after you received the package

you say there is a video but i have not been provided with it just the picture of when you recieved the frags. and i offered to replace the frags and still havent seen a picture of dead frags

bob

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 249
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
diamondreef

diamondreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is there to take a picture of? They melted... there's just glue. And I will figure out how to post that video somehow.... And I didn't tell you they smelled bc I assumed you were more experienced in shipping than me and may have added something to help the corals from stressing...idk.. that's why I don't order corals often.
I'm telling you the zoas never opened. We've bought many corals in the past and never seen zoas that looked or smelled like that. I should have asked for wysiwyg pics because I'm not even sure what zoa is what.

And I did tell him you offered replacements and that was very generous of you but tbh I don't want to go through this again.... like I said before.

We remounted the zoas to new plugs with existing plugs or existing glue to prevent any hitchhikers...bc we saw some...

And it took two days for you respond when we told you that the zoas weren't doing well.
Montis are finicky and we get that and that 10 frag doesn't upset me as much. It's the fact that we paid $180 that we finally saved to order and have a blasto, a milli and a mushroom.

OP
OP
diamondreef

diamondreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture of zoa frags (plugs) now ... just glue.

Attachments

• 1390785464993.jpg
    1390785464993.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 239
OP
OP
diamondreef

diamondreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And we aren't the only ones having problems with your zoa frags. At least two others are having issues.

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The point of the pictures is to show that the frags are dead. and every seller and vendor asks for these pictures. to prove they are dead and you are not trying to get over on someone. by "claiming" they died
but since they are remounted which was also never brought to my attention. pictures are pointless.

I am sorry but if you remounted them you may have done more damge to already stressed frags from just being shipped and the hitchhikers you mentioned were amphipods and a tiny britle star

nothing that needed remounted that was your decision

the pm on thursday did not say anything about corals not doing well except for the monti he said the zoas did have not opened yet but he was waitng it out. again no mention of smelly bags of coral

there was nothing to reply to because he was going to let me know how things were

and then no reply til yesterday when you demanded a refund.

I offered to reship frags but obviously that is not good enough for you, but there will be no refund.

bob

flowflezy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not just one bristle look they were crawling out. And I cut your plugs bottoms off and re glued did nothing to the zoas..... and re glued your rock formations to new plugs that's it. Every one would have done the same thing seeing some hitch hikers like I did. U can obviously see in the first picture and by previous other sales you are having problems with all your zoas.

Attachments

• 1390786670748.jpg
    1390786670748.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 234
OP
OP
diamondreef

diamondreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They arrived dead and never opened and your zoas looked bad on arrival....the picture shows it. I can screen shot the time that first photo was taken if you'd like. And that was before they were remounted... And The water smelled awful. I'll get you that video bc it's shows as soon as we opened the bag it smelled..

And again I was never told about a 2 hour doa. As a seller you should have made that clear when you sent them.

We remount frags all the time and never have issues. We only remounted the ones that were surrounded in glue and removable. The glue popped right off. It's never stressed our other corals so don't see the problem being that.
All of our other zoas are doing great too so not our tank.

Anyone know the quickest and easiest way to upload a video from a galaxy note 2?

mermaids

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the true story of what happened? There had to be frags if you cut them and glued them to another disk! If they did not look good why did you touch them and why did you say they were fine? Obvously they were stressed if they were not opened. Due to your inexperience with recieving shipped coral Turbo offered you replacements. No bussiness, vendor, or seller would have offered you free replacements. Oh yeah this is Turbos wife.

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They arrived dead and never opened and your zoas looked bad on arrival....the picture shows it. I can screen shot the time that first photo was taken if you'd like. And that was before they were remounted... And The water smelled awful. I'll get you that video bc it's shows as soon as we opened the bag it smelled..

And again I was never told about a 2 hour doa. As a seller you should have made that clear when you sent them.

We remount frags all the time and never have issues. We only remounted the ones that were surrounded in glue and removable. The glue popped right off. It's never stressed our other corals so don't see the problem being that.
All of our other zoas are doing great too so not our tank.

Anyone know the quickest and easiest way to upload a video from a galaxy note 2?

the picture shows nothing of the sort

not until saturday did you say the zoas died

i offered you a reshipment at no cost and this is my final word on this.that is way way beyond what any other seller vendor or any of your local stores would do for you after 4 days
i am not going to argue on and on

this is my last reply to this

bob

OP
OP
diamondreef

diamondreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We received corals that looked rough ..Prob from shipping and I tried to pm but couldn't at the moment. Never said they were fine... never opened. Thought maybe not open bc no light or something. I did not want to post a thread about it but he wasn't responding for two days when they still weren't opening... And we are experienced in receiving coral from stores not fellow r2r members .. I loved his zoas and was excited.. I'm not even blaming him ... idk why they melted .. maybe they died during shipping like we think. Idk but for 3 people to be having issues ... The blasto was 40 he said. Monti was 10. And milli was 20. I'm fine with those. The rest never had a chance. I didn't want to make this a big deal but I'm not happy with what I got for sending you $180. I go to school and work two jobs and live in an apartment... 180 is alot of money for some people.

OP
OP
diamondreef

diamondreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He cut the plugs everywhere but under the zoa where it was attached. I don't do the cutting so I wasn't quite sure how to explain it. He did it stress them by putting them on a bigger discuss after trimming the outside of your plug off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.9%
Back