Turned off a switch, Profilux turned it back on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I enable switch override and then manually set a switch to off, why is it turning itself back on after a couple minutes?

I want it to remain turned off if I turn it off. Do I need to change some setting?

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I enable switch override and then manually set a switch to off, why is it turning itself back on after a couple minutes?

I want it to remain turned off if I turn it off. Do I need to change some setting?
If you are using the myGHL connect app, as a safety feature, so you don't forget, when the phone sleeps or you close the app, it reverts back to the AUTO state. You can set the app to remain open in the settings, so as long as phone is open it will remain in the manual state.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What @Member No 1 said is 100% correct.

When the phone screen turns OFF or you leave the app, the safety feature is triggered.

Either set the app to keep your screen ON at all times, use a maintenance mode, or temporarily change the function to Always OFF if this is just a one-off instance.

OP
OP
kenchilada

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm so if I understand correctly, even with this option on, I can’t turn my phone off and put it in my pocket? Can’t say I like that. If Im too stupid to decide if I want a switch to stay off, I couldn’t afford this thing in the first place. :p

I’ll look into using a maintenance mode, or maybe it’s faster to just reach over and unplug it. Thank you both for the responses.

bdare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm so if I understand correctly, even with this option on, I can’t turn my phone off and put it in my pocket? Can’t say I like that. If Im too stupid to decide if I want a switch to stay off, I couldn’t afford this thing in the first place. :p

I’ll look into using a maintenance mode, or maybe it’s faster to just reach over and unplug it. Thank you both for the responses.
I agree. I HATE the way the switch override works. No other controller works that way.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. I HATE the way the switch override works. No other controller works that way.
So you prefer that a temporary action will be permanent because you put your phone in your pocket and forgot to turn it back to normal? I promise you - this well thought thing have save my day more than once. If you want it to be for a special time - create a maintenance group instead or just change the switch to always on or of. And I´m glad that Profilux is not as other controllers - it has also save rather many days for me:p

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
kenchilada

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you prefer that a temporary action will be permanent because you put your phone in your pocket and forgot to turn it back to normal? I promise you - this well thought thing have save my day more than once. If you want it to be for a special time - create a maintenance group instead or just change the switch to always on or of. And I´m glad that Profilux is not as other controllers - it has also save rather many days for me:p

Sincerely Lasse

Yes, if I “manually override” a switch and turn it explicitly off, I expect it to remain off. The ability to toggle relay state is the most basic function of a controller. Even a $30 Kasa power strip can do it.

I turned my skimmer off to clean it, and it turned back on while I was outside cleaning the cup, overflowed onto the sump frame and soaked the drywall behind my tank.

Frankly I suspect this “feature” is a side effect of how the switch override was implemented in the frontend framework and not planned behavior. The app constantly signals the backend to toggle the switch state, and as soon as the websocket is broken the controller stops overriding the switch state and reverts. If this were intentional, why add an option to prevent the phone from locking when they could have just added an option to disable resuming state on connection loss?

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m with you on this… if I manually switch something off there is a reason and it’s on my radar to manually turn it on. I learned that the P4 doesn’t think like me the hard way having everything disassembled and then having the return pump unexpectedly turn on.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The disable auto lock option controls your phone's display. If you have it enabled, it will prevent the phone or tablet screen from turning OFF, thereby allowing for an active connection to your GHL device.
If you know the solution to your question - why asking?

Sincerely Lasse

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The manual override will also turn off if you navigate away from the switched outlets page. So if you have things manually off and then reference the dashboard, the manually turned off outlets will automatically turn on.

OP
OP
kenchilada

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The manual override will also turn off if you navigate away from the switched outlets page. So if you have things manually off and then reference the dashboard, the manually turned off outlets will automatically turn on.
Right, anything that interrupts the connection... so if your overweight cat blocks the WiFi antenna or your web browser crashes, it reverts state.

I found a good solution though. Plug a Kasa Smart Plug into the GHL power bar outlet, plug your device into the smart plug. Now you have a real on/off switch via the Kasa app, which is MUCH faster than controlling switches via GHL connect anyway. And the smart plug has a physical on/off switch on it as well! They are $7.50 each on Amazon.

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Right, anything that interrupts the connection... so if your overweight cat blocks the WiFi antenna or your web browser crashes, it reverts state.

I found a good solution though. Plug a Kasa Smart Plug into the GHL power bar outlet, plug your device into the smart plug. Now you have a real on/off switch via the Kasa app, which is MUCH faster than controlling switches via GHL connect anyway. And the smart plug has a physical on/off switch on it as well! They are $7.50 each on Amazon.
Clever!- just ordered 4

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After have create some overflow with other controllers than Profilux (return and skimmer pump controllers) I always break the physical electric contact to the pumps when i work with them.

Sincerely Lasse

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After have create some overflow with other controllers than Profilux (return and skimmer pump controllers) I always break the physical electric contact to the pumps when i work with them.

Sincerely Lasse
I have been using P4/KHD/Doser as monitoring/control dosing but not control outlets, still waiting to implement that (powerbar sitting in the box).. and now that I read this I am thinking of implementing the full control the way @Lasse did it, powerhubs on a din rail rack, wired with manual 1 toggle switch for each socket. Lasse would you mind re-sharing the picture of your board? I have seen it somewhere, but can’t find it anymore

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here we go again - three first from my cabinet - the forth - an extending unit for the cabinet.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

little.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have five in my main system but one is only for my add in card for the moment. I´m able to start a maintenance program with a push button. I was planning to add more things for my system - therefore I construct the extra system in last picture - it gives me 3 mor 240V switches, 4 more 24 V and 5 more 12 V.

Sincerely Lasse

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have five in my main system but one is only for my add in card for the moment. I´m able to start a maintenance program with a push button. I was planning to add more things for my system - therefore I construct the extra system in last picture - it gives me 3 mor 240V switches, 4 more 24 V and 5 more 12 V.

Sincerely Lasse
Now I am wondering, what do you control with 5 powerhubs?

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1624031425488.png

1624031372731.png

Sincerely Lasse
Ok, so a lot of it can be done without a controlled socket (i.e: pumps that are controllable 0-10v and wavemakers that have a separate controller (like ecotech), GHL Dosers, Exoansion boxes).. correct? Do you have a reason for those to be controlled by the P4?

Back