Turned off a switch, Profilux turned it back on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes - i want them to be shout down during different occasions both manually and automatically. The digital input 1 is trigged by one of my magnetic stirrers during certain time (night time) and it activate a maintenance schema that shout down some pumps and lower the activities among others. The stirrer is connected to a dosing pump for coral feed during night time. Every time it dose - I want rather calm water for 30 minutes, For the moment I do not feed during night time but did it for a long time.Also when I chose to have central 12 and 24 V supply - each supply will be connected to many devices - i can´t just take out the power supply in each individual if I want it without power

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes - i want them to be shout down during different occasions both manually and automatically. The digital input 1 is trigged by one of my magnetic stirrers during certain time (night time) and it activate a maintenance schema that shout down some pumps and lower the activities among others. Also when I chose to have central 12 and 24 V supply - each supply will be connected to many devices - i can´t just take out the power supply in each individual if I want the without power

Sincerely Lasse
Makes sense, I was thinking of putting everything in a IP68 vented enclosure like this, do you think the meanwell power bricks will heat up too much?

Attachments

• 39064F1C-2872-490E-9D55-563D59C3C157.jpeg
    39064F1C-2872-490E-9D55-563D59C3C157.jpeg
    600 KB · Views: 27

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will - you need some fans blowing in air or place them outside or close to cooling elements.

Here is my temperature curve in the cabinet the last 3 month (degee C) at 27,5 degree C I have an 120 mm computer fan kicking in. What´s happen after 31/5 is that something we call summer here in Sweden kick in - last two days with temperatures above 25 degree C.

1624036356484.png

Sincerely Lasse

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will - you need some fans blowing in air or place them outside or close to cooling elements.

Here is my temperature curve in the cabinet the last 3 month (degee C) at 27,5 degree C I have an 120 mm computer fan kicking in. What´s happen after 31/5 is that something we call summer here in Sweden kick in - last two days with temperatures above 25 degree C.

1624036356484.png

Sincerely Lasse
Never heard of such thing as a Swedish summer! ;-)

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That´s because it normally only last for a day or two:D At least here at the west coast.

Sincerely Lasse
One last question (for now), do you have a generator? If yes, do you think it's also worth getting a UPS, to avoid the 0-30 second lag, before the generator kicks in? I recall a discussion about this, and how the lag and spike from the generator may ruin the DC power bricks, and someone was suggesting a UPS between generator and equipment..

PS: apologies to @kenchilada for completely and shamelessly hijacking your thread!

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have a generator - I live in a part of Sweden there its very rare with power cuts and when they happens - 1 or 2 hours of breakdown. Near me is a huge chemical industry and they need power.

Maybe its a good idea with an UPS between but you may ask anyone better than me on electronics id the AC curve coming out from an UPS can affect the PSU:s performance and durability because back in my head I have that they do not produce perfect sinus waves

Sincerely Lasse

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 72 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 70 50.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back