Turning a black box into a strip?

Caseyoidae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2016
Messages
1,611
Reaction score
3,282
Location
Hudson Valley, NY
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Was wondering if anyone has experience or advice doing this. I opened one up and it doesn't look as easy as I thought. Here's a picture of what I found. Thanks

image.jpg
 
Last edited:
Its a printed circuit board. You cannot turn it into anything. If you want to buy different emitters off e-bay you could use the drivers and fans to build a strip but I can assure you, its not really worth the hassle. IMO you'd be better off using T-5's or a premade stunner strip.
 
Its a printed circuit board. You cannot turn it into anything. If you want to buy different emitters off e-bay you could use the drivers and fans to build a strip but I can assure you, its not really worth the hassle. IMO you'd be better off using T-5's or a premade stunner strip.
+1
 
Thanks! Put it back together lol cutting it up with a grinder now out of the question.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new