Tusi's tank thread

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
One thing amazing I find with reefing is how we suddenly also become Plumbers with PVC - LOL :)

rastafan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice set up, peninsula style gives a lot of options on aquascaping, do you still dose or just running the Ca reactor?

swayd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing set up. Interested in dosing schedule if you dont mind? Also what are you using to test water params?

OP
OP
TUSI

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice set up, peninsula style gives a lot of options on aquascaping, do you still dose or just running the Ca reactor?
No I dont dose anymore calcium reactor holds up the calcium and alkalinity, every now and then I put zeovit magnesium rocks in the calcium reactor and that hold the magnesium steady. Thank you for reading the thread

OP
OP
TUSI

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Amazing set up. Interested in dosing schedule if you dont mind? Also what are you using to test water params?
I use Hannah test meters almost for everything except Mag, Pot, Strontium these I use Salifert. I dose a lot of Zeovit products like Amino acid, B Balance, K Balance, Pohle extra special, stylo-pocci glow, sponge power, Pottasium iodide, reef booster and Flatworm stop.These I dose as per there directions. Then I also dose 5ml of trace elements from tropic marine Trace A and Trace K and Esv strontium 8ml per day. Some times I think that there is no need for all of this cause its expensive but I like the colors and the vibrant look so I think its worth it. I use Tropic marine pro salt which I buffer to 9dkh to match my tank alkalinity caus ethe salt is low on alkalinity. I hope this will help you thx for asking

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved to current forum: member tanks (to get more visibility) :)

Great looking tank and welcome to R2R!! :)

OP
OP
TUSI

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
corals feeding and fish hanging out

IMG_2958.jpg
IMG_0765.jpg
IMG_0728.jpg
IMG_0154.jpg
IMG_0265.jpg

OP
OP
TUSI

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
awesome tank. love the variety of color and coral. love the idea of the probe holder.[/QUOT

Precision marine made that box for me as a proto type. The only thing I had to use an epoxy liquid and thread the adapters together so it don't leak but it works

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Impressive. Inspiring even! In the midst of my first build, and these pics are very motivational. Keeps me going! Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
TUSI

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Impressive. Inspiring even! In the midst of my first build, and these pics are very motivational. Keeps me going! Thanks for sharing!
I am glad i can be helpfull jeff keep yourself into it good luck

swayd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Hannah test meters almost for everything except Mag, Pot, Strontium these I use Salifert. I dose a lot of Zeovit products like Amino acid, B Balance, K Balance, Pohle extra special, stylo-pocci glow, sponge power, Pottasium iodide, reef booster and Flatworm stop.These I dose as per there directions. Then I also dose 5ml of trace elements from tropic marine Trace A and Trace K and Esv strontium 8ml per day. Some times I think that there is no need for all of this cause its expensive but I like the colors and the vibrant look so I think its worth it. I use Tropic marine pro salt which I buffer to 9dkh to match my tank alkalinity caus ethe salt is low on alkalinity. I hope this will help you thx for asking

Wow that's dedication! Hope to someday have a reef as stunning as this. Thank you.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back