Twisted

Southpaw240

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 15, 2019
Messages
82
Reaction score
51
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the base of my nem is twisted is this something I should be concerned about?
15842068494735436371519129832324.jpg
 
He doesn't appear to be in panic.
15842069475692980081348155041902.jpg
 
Doesn't look too stressed. I'm thinking that if it gets too worried about it, it will move on it's own. Looks kinda painful though.:confused:
 
I have read a blog online somewhere, about someone who took over an established tank. There was some kind of anemone in the tank and after the move, it kept doing that as well.

The author showed a lot of photos and tried several times to untwist it, but the Nem kept going back to how it was & eventually damaged it's tissue and died. The underside of the foot still clung to the rock and it actually eventually regrew a tiny Anemone out of the foot-tissue.

I speculate that they get confused, perhaps because they are used to the geographical north being in a specific place. Perhaps that sometimes tricks nems to spiral out of control, when they get up in the morning so to speak.

I agree with Jecksun completely, see if it can unfold itself, if the flow isn't pushing it around.
 
So I turned off the flow and gently helped it untwist. Did a little at a time. And today it is sitting normal. hopefully it stays that way. Thanks for the help
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new