Two Eco tech Vectra S2 failures in one day- red/orange lights

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if there is a solution for the “flashing orange and red” error, as both my Vectra S2s are experiencing this issue.

This morning I found my main pump, a Vectra S2, for a frag tank was out, flashing orange and red. I took the pump apart, cleaned it, and tried to run it again. Same error. I believe my pump is out of warranty, purchasing in early 2020 and it has an Oct 2019 build date. Looking online, it appears this error requires a new pump. I called all my local stores, and none had any in stock. I ordered one online to replace it and it should be here in a few days.

At first I thought I would be fine, as this tank has a closed loop with a second vectra S2 that was working perfectly fine. I turned that pump off, and swapped it out with the main tanks broken pump. When I powered it back on, I now am getting the red and orange error light also on this second pump. I verified that I did not swap controller modules. I tried powering on and off multiple times and received the same error. Thinking maybe there was an issue with the power strip, I then unplugged it from the power strip and plugged it directly into an outlet, same error. I then swapped the second controller for the original one, same error.

what are the odds that both my Vectra S2s go out in the same day? Let alone losing my back up pump. Are there any fixes to this to get rid of the flashing lights??

im currently using an old hang on the back filter as life support for the tank, hopefully it can keep things alive for a few days until the new pump arrives in the mail.

Nobbygas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if there is a solution for the “flashing orange and red” error, as both my Vectra S2s are experiencing this issue.

This morning I found my main pump, a Vectra S2, for a frag tank was out, flashing orange and red. I took the pump apart, cleaned it, and tried to run it again. Same error. I believe my pump is out of warranty, purchasing in early 2020 and it has an Oct 2019 build date. Looking online, it appears this error requires a new pump. I called all my local stores, and none had any in stock. I ordered one online to replace it and it should be here in a few days.

At first I thought I would be fine, as this tank has a closed loop with a second vectra S2 that was working perfectly fine. I turned that pump off, and swapped it out with the main tanks broken pump. When I powered it back on, I now am getting the red and orange error light also on this second pump. I verified that I did not swap controller modules. I tried powering on and off multiple times and received the same error. Thinking maybe there was an issue with the power strip, I then unplugged it from the power strip and plugged it directly into an outlet, same error. I then swapped the second controller for the original one, same error.

what are the odds that both my Vectra S2s go out in the same day? Let alone losing my back up pump. Are there any fixes to this to get rid of the flashing lights??

im currently using an old hang on the back filter as life support for the tank, hopefully it can keep things alive for a few days until the new pump arrives in the mail.
The mistake you made with the second pump was to switch it off. These pumps have a tendency not to start again when you do something as outrageous as that !
It was a mistake to order another Vectra. I bought an L2 three years ago. After returning it four times for 'repairs' it is now an expensive brick! Total waste of money and my time constantly swapping it out for my old spare return pump. Still, you can always watch the seven year old Ecotech video's on how to fix the problems, except their solutions do not fix the problems. Never ever again will I buy an Ecotech pump.

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked the PSU? Mine did the same thing and I swapped PSU from one of my MP40 temporarily and it worked. Unfortunately the replacement is $90...

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’d be surprised that both pumps went out on their own without any user error. If it’s the power strip issue definitely plug the pumps in somewhere else and use Reset Function to see if the error goes away. Also if it was the power strip error I would consider buying a new power Suply in case that’s what was fried(you can find a generic one that cheap) alternatively it could’ve fried your driver.

SeniorReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I has become so unhappy with ecotech Vectra pumps, actually same issues

Being using Vectra s1 for almost 2 1/2 years, to my ultraviolet sterilization unit and had no problem with the detach of the pump for cleaning and so on.

One day for cleaning it won’t restart and says it has a thermistor error. I accepted it because the warranty was ended.

Well did buy a secondhand Vectra S2 almost 2 years old, and thinking the s2 must be much better than the s1.

Well, just today I has to clean the S2 again, and after I want to restart the pump. Guess what. Thermistor error again.

I really think the Vectra pump has a issue, or is it just us/me there is unlucky with 2 pumps.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back