legacy2mj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
apparently this is a problem that happens with a lot of these Vectra return DC pumps. Just another normal shut off for a quick water change. Why wouldn’t it be like the past 4 years having this return pump?
Go to fire it back up and RED light on the dial. Open the möbius app and I see a thermostat error…. Reset the pump… same thing. Unplugged for 5 min then reset.. same thing… hopped on the web… saw 1 guy in total with a victory over this, he’s a electrical engineer, so he threw his education at it and chased the issue to a issue in the wire between the pump and controller. I guess they use different size wire from the connection point in between.. I have not jumped into that total breakdown and disassembly of it yet. Have the tank set up for the night with my power heads and wave makers, moved the heater into the display and plan on replacing the pump tomorrow. But, if by chance somebody has a great fix prior to tomorrow on this I’m all ears…. Like I said, from what I saw on previous threads and discussions, this was the end of that pump for basically everybody that has this issue. No more Vectra pumps for me. I will have a go at something else

OP
OP
legacy2mj

legacy2mj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update…. I decided to give it a shot by splicing the wire around the line connection attachment. Easy enough, I know the gray and yellow smaller wires are to the pumps thermostat. I didn’t mind cutting them since at this point isn’t doing anything whether I try or not. Snipped the 2 from both sides of the connector. Spliced.. annnnnnnnndddddd nothing.. same error… I want to get into the body of the pump and see what I can figure out in that. I’m getting a new pump tomorrow so I will be up and running again. I’m thinking I’m going to run 2 new wires from the motor housing in the pump directly to the controller. If I can figure out how to get it apart…. If I get it working, then sweet. I will use it to mix salt. More to come

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 139 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back