Two Spot Blenny eating meat

SeaMaiden92

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 15, 2021
Messages
39
Reaction score
83
Location
Keene
What state or country do you live in
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a two spot bimaculatus blenny that I've had since it was a baby. I got him a couple months ago and he has since about trippled in size. The problem is that he has been eating the LRS nano reef frenzy and other meaty foods that I feed my carnivores and omnivores. (He's my only herbivore) I try to avoid this by feeding his veggie flakes, pellets, or nori strips first, and waiting a little while before feeding the other fish, in the hopes he'll get full on what he's supposed to eat. But this does nothing but make him eat twice. He still eats a decent amout of the meaty foods, and my carnivores are also eating a decent amount of his veggie food. Is it ok that he's eating meat, or will that hurt him? And is it ok that my carnivores are eating veggies? I even saw my diamond watchman goby swallow an entire algae tab once...

20211103_081508.jpg
 
I have a two spot bimaculatus blenny that I've had since it was a baby. I got him a couple months ago and he has since about trippled in size. The problem is that he has been eating the LRS nano reef frenzy and other meaty foods that I feed my carnivores and omnivores. (He's my only herbivore) I try to avoid this by feeding his veggie flakes, pellets, or nori strips first, and waiting a little while before feeding the other fish, in the hopes he'll get full on what he's supposed to eat. But this does nothing but make him eat twice. He still eats a decent amout of the meaty foods, and my carnivores are also eating a decent amount of his veggie food. Is it ok that he's eating meat, or will that hurt him? And is it ok that my carnivores are eating veggies? I even saw my diamond watchman goby swallow an entire algae tab once...

20211103_081508.jpg
They are not obligate predators and most classify them as omnivores. Just as you are doing, provide it with choices and it will choose "correctly" as it did a great hole in the rock
 
They are not obligate predators and most classify them as omnivores. Just as you are doing, provide it with choices and it will choose "correctly" as it did a great hole in the rock
Thank you so much! That's such a relief! I was afraid that eating meat would hurt him!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new