Two Spot Blenny eating meat

SeaMaiden92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a two spot bimaculatus blenny that I've had since it was a baby. I got him a couple months ago and he has since about trippled in size. The problem is that he has been eating the LRS nano reef frenzy and other meaty foods that I feed my carnivores and omnivores. (He's my only herbivore) I try to avoid this by feeding his veggie flakes, pellets, or nori strips first, and waiting a little while before feeding the other fish, in the hopes he'll get full on what he's supposed to eat. But this does nothing but make him eat twice. He still eats a decent amout of the meaty foods, and my carnivores are also eating a decent amount of his veggie food. Is it ok that he's eating meat, or will that hurt him? And is it ok that my carnivores are eating veggies? I even saw my diamond watchman goby swallow an entire algae tab once...

20211103_081508.jpg

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a two spot bimaculatus blenny that I've had since it was a baby. I got him a couple months ago and he has since about trippled in size. The problem is that he has been eating the LRS nano reef frenzy and other meaty foods that I feed my carnivores and omnivores. (He's my only herbivore) I try to avoid this by feeding his veggie flakes, pellets, or nori strips first, and waiting a little while before feeding the other fish, in the hopes he'll get full on what he's supposed to eat. But this does nothing but make him eat twice. He still eats a decent amout of the meaty foods, and my carnivores are also eating a decent amount of his veggie food. Is it ok that he's eating meat, or will that hurt him? And is it ok that my carnivores are eating veggies? I even saw my diamond watchman goby swallow an entire algae tab once...

20211103_081508.jpg
They are not obligate predators and most classify them as omnivores. Just as you are doing, provide it with choices and it will choose "correctly" as it did a great hole in the rock

OP
OP
SeaMaiden92

SeaMaiden92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are not obligate predators and most classify them as omnivores. Just as you are doing, provide it with choices and it will choose "correctly" as it did a great hole in the rock
Thank you so much! That's such a relief! I was afraid that eating meat would hurt him!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back