Two Yellow Gobies in Nano tank

vmesri

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I recently added two yellow gobies to my nano tank (63 litres).

They started fine but after couple of days the larger one claimed the rock and chases the smaller one, whenever it gets near it!

I don’t think the smaller one has suffered any injuries yet but it ends up staying at the top corner of the tank and perches on the power-head most of the time!

I am wondering if anyone has any advice on what to do or whether its safe to keep them both in there until(if) the situation improves!

Thanks,
Vahid

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the stress the smaller goby is experiencing will eventually cause it to weaken and perhaps die unless you remove it to another tank. Mated pairs do fine together, but there is no guarantee that yours will tolerate one another in time.

OP
OP
V

vmesri

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the stress the smaller goby is experiencing will eventually cause it to weaken and perhaps die unless you remove it to another tank. Mated pairs do fine together, but there is no guarantee that yours will tolerate one another in time.
I think I will give it another week before I take out the little one and take to our LFS. I have already spoken to them and they said they will take him back.

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I will give it another week before I take out the little one and take to our LFS. I have already spoken to them and they said they will take him back.
Good plan; one of my favorite fish and hope it works out

OP
OP
V

vmesri

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good plan; one of my favorite fish and hope it works out
I can already see improvements in their relationship! I love these fish, they are so cute in the way they perch on rocks, corrals or even on my canister filter inlet pipework!
Thanks a lot for your replies!

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can already see improvements in their relationship! I love these fish, they are so cute in the way they perch on rocks, corrals or even on my canister filter inlet pipework!
Thanks a lot for your replies!
Green clown gobies are nice too

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back