Two Yellow Gobies in Nano tank

vmesri

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2021
Messages
27
Reaction score
13
Location
London
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I recently added two yellow gobies to my nano tank (63 litres).

They started fine but after couple of days the larger one claimed the rock and chases the smaller one, whenever it gets near it!

I don’t think the smaller one has suffered any injuries yet but it ends up staying at the top corner of the tank and perches on the power-head most of the time!

I am wondering if anyone has any advice on what to do or whether its safe to keep them both in there until(if) the situation improves!

Thanks,
Vahid
 
I think the stress the smaller goby is experiencing will eventually cause it to weaken and perhaps die unless you remove it to another tank. Mated pairs do fine together, but there is no guarantee that yours will tolerate one another in time.
 
I think the stress the smaller goby is experiencing will eventually cause it to weaken and perhaps die unless you remove it to another tank. Mated pairs do fine together, but there is no guarantee that yours will tolerate one another in time.
I think I will give it another week before I take out the little one and take to our LFS. I have already spoken to them and they said they will take him back.
 
I think I will give it another week before I take out the little one and take to our LFS. I have already spoken to them and they said they will take him back.
Good plan; one of my favorite fish and hope it works out
 
Good plan; one of my favorite fish and hope it works out
I can already see improvements in their relationship! I love these fish, they are so cute in the way they perch on rocks, corrals or even on my canister filter inlet pipework!
Thanks a lot for your replies!
 
I can already see improvements in their relationship! I love these fish, they are so cute in the way they perch on rocks, corrals or even on my canister filter inlet pipework!
Thanks a lot for your replies!
Green clown gobies are nice too
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new