OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hurray the light is in my town post office. Maybe it will come today. Fingers crossed. Will be so much easier to clean the glass with both fixtures gone.

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light arrived.
A0775161-7660-442D-AE5E-00AE377AF3BD.jpeg A3332908-41BE-4AD0-A614-9B94BCED2354.jpeg 54E6C55A-D5F0-4275-9798-FC1B851DA134.jpeg

Looks good. Feels good. Solid build. Much sleeker than the nicrews.

App is kind of a pia to set up. Had to disable 5ghz band.

Took me about 1/2 hour to figure it out. Old age is tough sometimes.

Looks amazing on the tank. So much cleaner looking. Much brighter. Running at 50% blues white at 25%

A857B7EB-BD56-4274-A25B-76EF9D9A2A01.jpeg

Now I just need to sit back and enjoy it. Watch it grow.

Pros: Solid build quality
Adjustability*
Light output
Ease of putting light together

Cons: App and network interface
Lack of Bluetooth(this is a big one)
Lack of use without app

* once connected this is easy. Until then you can’t use the light.

Lack of Bluetooth is my biggest gripe. I knew what I was buying. I was able to get it going but I’m sure many would struggle. Having the ability to use the light only with network connection and no Bluetooth option Is a bummer.

Last edited:

gsepanik

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my NooPsyche. I think they’re extremely underrated little powerhouses. The mini looks great on the tank!

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my NooPsyche. I think they’re extremely underrated little powerhouses. The mini looks great on the tank!

The timers look kinda confusing but I’ll work thru it. Got it. Set up my time schedule.

I hate the new tank haze. Would the uv light work for this?

Last edited:

gsepanik

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The timers look kinda confusing but I’ll work thru it. Got it. Set up my time schedule.

I hate the new tank haze. Would the uv light work for this?
I do not think so, since the uv spectrum is a different spectrum than a uv sterilizer. Not 100% but fairly confident.

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking about trying the SpinStream. I’m trying to avoid any more wires and not use my Hygger WM. The dual outlets are ok, but seem to block some of the light. They are pretty long. I can just snap off a couple of links correct?

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking about trying the SpinStream. I’m trying to avoid any more wires and not use my Hygger WM. The dual outlets are ok, but seem to block some of the light. They are pretty long. I can just snap off a couple of links correct?
I really did enjoy the flow of the spinstream, I just hated the sound. My tank is nearly silent now without it. Ya, you can remove or add as much loc line as you want.

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been poking around the web looking for a cover for the sump area. Can’t seem to find anything.I emailed InTankthey said they may make something.

Would love a 3d printed cover. Can anyone help?

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been poking around the web looking for a cover for the sump area. Can’t seem to find anything.I emailed InTankthey said they may make something.

Would love a 3d printed cover. Can anyone help?
I'd imagine a cover may be difficult because all the equipment that goes back there and no wall to support the lid because of the lower emergency overflow

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sunday night update.

I found a nice maroon clown. So far so good. Both fish are getting along. Last attempt at a second fish.

The spin stream arrived. Much smaller than I expected. Awesome. Shadows are gone. Works fantastic. Running at about 450gph. i hear the noise if I’m close to it, but my heating is getting bad. Silent most times to me.

The lights been installed for almost 2 days. My trumpet corals have never looked so good. Frogspawn is plumper I think.

I have an idea for a sump cover. Hmmmm? Lol

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spin Streams noise level just dropped dramatically. Was listening to it click and suddenly it almost silent. Been about an hour now and silence.

Sound didn’t really bother me. My hearings not great anymore.

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This ATO.

Will it work in the middle compartment of the sump. It appears that it should fit.
It'll only work in the 2nd chamber if you run your water high in the 2nd and 3rd chamber. My water level is so the water cascades over the wall from 2 to 3 by about .5 inch. Unless you keep it deeper, chamber 2 water height should never change.

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It'll only work in the 2nd chamber if you run your water high in the 2nd and 3rd chamber. My water level is so the water cascades over the wall from 2 to 3 by about .5 inch. Unless you keep it deeper, chamber 2 water height should never change.

Probably not work the effort to keep levels unnecessarily high. Love the idea. It would
Fit in the display tank.

Need to get a ATO. Just tapped out right now.

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably not work the effort to keep levels unnecessarily high. Love the idea. It would
Fit in the display tank.

Need to get a ATO. Just tapped out right now.
It's not really any extra effort, you're just adding more water to the tank. Ultimately that set up is the same type of ato I have but with a fancy barrier. Look up autoaqua. The sensor is exactly the same.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.5%
Back