Tys IM Nuvo 15

ShaunMc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the BM skimmer fit in the 3rd chamber. I’m getting the IM10 watt uv light today. Takes the 2nd chamber out of the picture

It will. but I believe to be effective you need to have a steady water level.

Which UV?

or

I was just wondering where the level should be because I just put water in my IM 15 yesterday and I have the level in the return chamber alittle lower then the second chamber. But I don't know what the right level is. Thanks

There isn't a "right". I do think you should run as much as makes sense to keep the total water volume as high as possible. Running it higher does also reduce the sound of water falling over from 2nd chamber.

Damion123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will. but I believe to be effective you need to have a steady water level.

Which UV?

or

There isn't a "right". I do think you should run as much as makes sense to keep the total water volume as high as possible. Running it higher does also reduce the sound of water falling over from 2nd chamber.
Thanks for the feed back. I didn't notice much noise from the water running from the second to the third chamber. But It is sitting right next to my IM75, so I will take a closer listen later.

ShaunMc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the universal one. 10 watts.

That appears to have a single clip and a pump at the bottom. So I believe you could run the BM MiniQ in 2nd chamber and this in the 3rd. It is also 12.25" tall and that might be w/o the pump. So it might be better in the 3rd anyway, plus it isn't dependent as much on the water level. I don't have one, so that is just my opinion.

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I probably won’t use a protein skimmer. Was more just curious. My biweekly water changes are my nutrient export.

I installed the uv light. Running at the midway point. Seems to be working fine. I scraped the glass let’s see how long it takes to regrow. Pump was a little noisy at first but quieted right down.

I noticed some coralline algae on the back wall. Nice to see that already. Now just grow on the rocks. Lol

I added an anemone. The clown moved right in once he opened up. Maybe he will leave my Duncan’s alone now. He found a spot and hasn’t moved since. Of course it’s facing the back wall. Lol
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long did it take? I pulled mine out and swapped it for the vivid RFG dual nano.
It’s been a little More than 3 weeks since the spin stream been in the tank. It’s almost silent now. If I put my ear to the tank I hear it but from 3 feet away nothing.

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. I’ve seen several baby snails on the glass now. So definitely a good thing.

I picked up the IM frozen food feeder.

Not as big as I thought it was gonna be. Very solid build. Magnets are plenty strong. Seems to work pretty good.
In a small tank like this it stands out. I’m just gonna use it for feeding and remove afterwords.

The ATO is working great. Use a bottle every 2 days.

Diatoms on the glass are driving me crazy. Added a chemipure blue. Hope it helps

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’re the fish doing? Im excited to see the wrasse, such cool fish :)
Fish are doing great. Wrasse is tucked in under the leather coral. Clown is buried in the anemone. I’ll try for better pics of the fish.

Mr.OK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
J

yea I wanted to ask, how big is that wrasse?
mine was about 3 inches or show, than it jump out my tank and commit sucided. Was only out for about 30-40 seconds before i found it, but he never recovered. I think when it i grabed it from behind the tank must of got **** in its gill. Kind of sucked as they look good swimming in the tank

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well. It’s been a bit since an update.

tank is running pretty good. No algae issues. Mushrooms are splitting. Zoas spreading. Leather is getting huge. Coralline has started growing

Anemone is still white but seems very happy. Clown loves it

Im using a 1liter bottle everyday for make up water. More than I thought I would, but my salinity is constant. Best $10 spent so far.

Haven't tested anything else ever I think. Simple approach not chasing numbers.

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not to be that guy but both those fish get wayyyy too big for that tank. Have you considered the tunze bigger ato, i have mine in my im15 and works great . Tight squeeze but works

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back