Ugly Phase or something else?

BraxtonF

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 10, 2019
Messages
75
Reaction score
133
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is about four months old, this algae started about two weeks ago and I can’t seem to shake it. I’ve turned the red/green off and I’m strictly running blues now. For the video I turned them up a bit. I’ve scrubbed the rocks in combination with a water change. It’s back the next morning in full force.

 
Welcome to the uglies...
Check parameters, do tour water changes using high quality water and ride it out.
You can always tey to manually remove some of the algae on the rocks when doing a WC, but time and patience is your best answer at this point...
 
Welcome to the uglies...
Check parameters, do tour water changes using high quality water and ride it out.
You can always tey to manually remove some of the algae on the rocks when doing a WC, but time and patience is your best answer at this point...
Haven’t check my parameters in awhile but I will. Just wanted to be sure it’s the uglies and not something that will not go away eventually on its own to some extent
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new