Ugly Stage ID

Jmacaroni

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2025
Messages
13
Reaction score
3
Location
Southern California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I have had my Red Sea 350 g2 running for several months now, and I’m definitely entering the ugly stage.

Ive been noticing a really nice pod population, but across the past 3 weeks I’ve begun seeing some uglies. I’m not too sure what it is, but I’m assuming cyano or dinos. it’s only on the sand bed and at night it appears to go away.

Hoping for some help with ID and what to do. I currently do biweekly 20% water changes with RODI and only have a couple healthy soft coral frags. My nitrates are around 0 and phos is 0 as well.

IMG_4040.jpeg
IMG_4042.jpeg
IMG_4043.jpeg
 
#WelcometoR2R!!! It looks like you have diatoms. A normal part of the ugly stage. There are ways to make it go away, but it is also perfectly okay to wait it out.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new