Uh am I crazy?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep shes starting to do that crap with Chip, my baby yellow tang. Shes getting mean with him. Any recommendations on how to get her out?
Fish Fishing GIF by Maxis

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep shes starting to do that crap with Chip, my baby yellow tang. Shes getting mean with him. Any recommendations on how to get her out?
Does she eat from your hand? If so, have someone net her while letting it eat a chunk of frozen food from your hands. You get one chance, ime, for this move to work

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does she eat from your hand? If so, have someone net her while letting it eat a chunk of frozen food from your hands. You get one chance, ime, for this move to work
Yeah she attempts to scalpel me if my hand is in the tank, no hand feeding from her!

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just so I know, are all powders bad as her? Really only researched her kind. Like achellies I researched and decided wasnt a good fit with their specific requirements for my tank at this time, looked briefly into hybrid powder blues (holy moly have you gotta have some cash for one) and the goldrim. Love the powder tangs, so beautiful but if they are all like this one then wow thats nuts

Reef Stallion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never seen a fish poop more than a Foxface. They hog the algae clip and then make a mess with the poop. They are pretty and gentle for the most part.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
for me - Fish trap. They are so gung ho on food that when you bait it - they go right in. They are like experts dodging a net. Other would be to strip rock and trap it in a corner

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A moment of silence for a sad ending to a bad fish.

Now what should the OP get to replace the bad one?

woooo GIF
lets go yes GIF by NBA

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't call it a sad ending.. this fish will no longer terrorize her tank, and for all we know, it will go on to live a happy life somewhere else.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I really dont want to get rid of her, BUT she is making putting any new fish in down right hard if not impossible AND is now eating my corals??? Ugh. I guess its more of an I feel horrible getting rid of an animal because it has annoying behaviors (just something I struggle with personally when it comes to fish) BUT Im seriously considering re homing and getting a different tang in her place thats not as much of a PITA if anyone has suggestions on that front
Don't stress - the fish won't take it personally.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are still acclimating with the drip method so sorry for the bucket picture. I picked up a baby blue tang (his face is almost black so he fit my profile of an oddball fish) and this beautiful baby volitan lionfish! No one would take this lion, he seems to maybe have some eye sight issues as he only eats food if you put it right in front of him (according to LFS). He is eating frozen, had them feed him for me. Very cool little guy! Ill continue to see if their eye sight theory is correct but he is healthy and eating frozen, been with the LFS for 4 weeks now!

Attachments

• IMG_2544.jpeg
    IMG_2544.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 45
OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Pay special attention that the hippo tang gets enough food, they can go downhill pretty fast if you don't
Yes for sure. He is really thin I noticed, which is part of why I took him, I have a thing for rescues! Ive got a baster to spot feed if I need too and tons of algae. They fed them at the store for me and he was up here competing with other tangs and angels for food that were way bigger than him! Here are some better pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_2545.jpeg
    IMG_2545.jpeg
    206.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2546.jpeg
    IMG_2546.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photos or it didnt happen :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Yep yall convinced me to get rid of the PBT, already seeing the tank is calmer. The yellow and purple are doing some chasing with the hippo but he is holding his own like a champ! It was a good choice and I still have a blue fish!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back