Uh oh! I’m sorry!?!?

justfalsefacts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TGIF! Fridays mean tank maintenance day in this house hold. We like our tanks looking pristine and sparkly for weekend guest to enjoy when they visit. But what I want to hear today are the stories of significant others and their gripes about using household items to help with this chore. Anybody getting the lecture about using kitchen items, bathroom towels, dripping water through the house, etc!?!? I feel like we have all been there at one time or another. Thanks ahead of time for your stories and responses. Happy reefing !

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody getting the lecture about using kitchen items, bathroom towels, dripping water through the house, etc!?!?
YES. It's always from my parents though. Don't they realize that we are being very very careful all the time!?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a separate set of mixing spoons, tongs, containers, pails, rags, towels, microfiber cloths and even step stools. Why? Well, it will eventually lead to a longer and happier life. Not mine, mind you...

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an ever growing collection of stuff that has been misappropriated from the kitchen.
I get yelled at, especially when I eye something new that will eventually make its way to the fish room.
But I have to replace it all, I'm good with that!!!

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live alone so this isn't a problem... What's interesting is that my concern is the opposite. I don't want stuff I use for food touching my tank just in case something like cooking oil or dish soap or whatever, washing off or leaching into my tank. I guess I care more about the safety of my tank than I do my own. LOL

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used her colanders and we’ve had to buy a few new meat thermometers. I guess you can’t wash something off after it’s touched ‘fish water’
The trick is to not let them know it's touched fish water.
I grab cups out of the cabinet for scooping water all the time and just put them in the dishwasher when I'm done. I've gotten a mouth full of tank water while starting a siphon before, so I'm sure a washed cup isn't going to kill anyone.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 112 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back