UK COLD WATER CHALK REEF

  • Thread starter Thread starter TOM-779
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TOM-779

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2025
Messages
367
Reaction score
395
Location
UK
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All

Having only joined R2R only this week and having received
such a warm welcome from you all, I wanted to share something special
with you all just before the holidays.

I am in Norfolk UK and I am very lucky to live just offshore to Europe's largest - and the worlds longest
Chalk reef. I have been fortunate to be aware of this special site since a child and have followed its conservation and wonder
to this day.

Not many people know about this special site - and cold water reefs generally get less press attention
over tropical reefs. However, I have included some attachments for you all to view - and I am sure
you will agree with me that it is a very special and important reef.

https://marineconservationfornorfolkactiongroup.wordpress.com/https://www.visitnorfolk.co.uk/post/norfolks-great-chalk-reef
My first post this week detailed the start of my very first reef tank.
This fulfils a long held dream which began when I first saw those reefs as a child.

I now share them with you all.

Thanks again for the warm welcome
Happy holidays
from TOM
Windy seaside UK
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new