UK Fish & Chips

PaddSter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there all the reefers from entire world!

Please don't offended that this topic is called "UK" only. For the past few days I just thought it would be nice to have little topic here for everyone from UK to introduce ourselves and present our tanks to each other's.

Who knows maybe your neighbour 2 streets up the road is here and you didn't even know you could exchange some tips or maybe even some goodies

Let me start with myself then
I'm Paddster! Love my little piece of sea in the living room :)

If someone said to me couple of years ago that I will fall in love with fish keeping I would most certainly laugh and say "yeaaahhh.. I don't think so!"

I started my adventure around 2 years ago. Bought my first nano salt water tank. I got very passionate about it at first but started to loosing interest as there was loads happening in my provide life therefore I couldn't spare as much free time for my reef as I would love to. Also because it was just square piece of glass holding water in it and no sump, no skimmer, very little space inside and big water changes which I though would solve the problem of constantly coming back Cyano bacteria somehow changed my mind about how exciting reef keeping is. I came to conclusion that it's more of a chore than pleasure.

But tried to stay on the top of weekly cleanings and water changes. This started to getting better. And finally I decided it is fun indeed and would be even more fun if I could make it slightly less time consuming but more rewarding.
And what my first thoughts were you may ask.. well "Let's upgrade!"

So there I was.. upgraded from barely 60l to 260l. Normally you would have thought.. why upgrade if you have no time for small tank such a 60, not even mentioning 4 times bigger one?

My thought were That if I upgrade I go full on. Proper lights, proper sump, skimmer, proper grow.. And you know what..?
It was bloody worth it!
20200220_172949.jpg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

Clownfish.gif

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Aboard R2R!!!

Man, takes me back....Fish and chips on the Firth of Clyde from a little shop on the waterfront, ate it on the pier on a cold and drizzly late evening, piping hot fish and chips in the old newsprint and a great ale. One of the best meals I've ever had.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 139 60.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 28.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 82 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.4%
Back