Ultimate Fishroom Build 40 FT x 17 FT

fishroom 08292019.jpg
 
I know I of course wanted water all year. A hose from house would not cut it because we get below freezing temps. So I knew i would have to run a water line from the house from the beginning. One thing I did want is hot water. Given that i was going to heat room with propane i came up with adding a tankless water heater. This way I could have hot water on demand. See below:

20191209_152407.jpg
 
deepening on tank size you might want to look into a heat exchanger. if its a large tanks it worth it. so I hear anyway.

what size of tank/tanks are you thinking anyway?

I haven't figured on tank sizes yet. Still up in the air.
 
I love your room. Hope that gas heater doesn't affect PH in your tank.
 
I think it will. I have a water heater in my fish room, which is also vented outside. I have to run soda lime to my slimmer, and use kalk to keep my ph from dropping way to low.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new