un happy hammer

cdunn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank- 60 cube ,light xr30 gen 4,20 gal sump ,water para. good, light to med flo, placed at3/4 depth, light 50% power,have had hammer 4 months, not dying not thriving, too much light intencity?everything else doing good

IMG_1083.jpg

SaltISlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hammers come out with little to alnost no flow.. whats your flow like. They dont like flow i noticed.

OP
OP
C

cdunn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hammers come out with little to alnost no flow.. whats your flow like. They dont like flow i noticed.
I've been to 3 different stores, all 3 with different ideas,which I've tried , not much response here, so I guess it's trial by error

OP
OP
C

cdunn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water too clean?
there's some stringy like web coming off 1 of the smaller heads, the wrasse is picking at it, doesnt look good, should i remove the 2 smaller heads and see if the larger survives?

Euphyllia97

Empty wallet member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there's some stringy like web coming off 1 of the smaller heads, the wrasse is picking at it, doesnt look good, should i remove the 2 smaller heads and see if the larger survives?
I have seen these strings multiple times. Normally not a sign the coral is dying. I would leave it in the tank. What are your params?

OP
OP
C

cdunn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen these strings multiple times. Normally not a sign the coral is dying. I would leave it in the tank. What are your params?
the head which the strings are coming from seems to be looking less healthy, water params are good as of a few days ago.i'm feeding 1 cube per day,2 sm clowns 1 fairy wrasse 1 sm yellow tang 1watchman goby ,plus assorted cuc, feed tank more? thx

Euphyllia97

Empty wallet member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the head which the strings are coming from seems to be looking less healthy, water params are good as of a few days ago.i'm feeding 1 cube per day,2 sm clowns 1 fairy wrasse 1 sm yellow tang 1watchman goby ,plus assorted cuc, feed tank more? thx
Depends on the values really... Any values for Alk, cal, mg, phos and nitrate?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 35.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%

Back