un happy hammer

cdunn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank- 60 cube ,light xr30 gen 4,20 gal sump ,water para. good, light to med flo, placed at3/4 depth, light 50% power,have had hammer 4 months, not dying not thriving, too much light intencity?everything else doing good

IMG_1083.jpg

SaltISlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hammers come out with little to alnost no flow.. whats your flow like. They dont like flow i noticed.

OP
OP
C

cdunn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hammers come out with little to alnost no flow.. whats your flow like. They dont like flow i noticed.
I've been to 3 different stores, all 3 with different ideas,which I've tried , not much response here, so I guess it's trial by error

OP
OP
C

cdunn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water too clean?
there's some stringy like web coming off 1 of the smaller heads, the wrasse is picking at it, doesnt look good, should i remove the 2 smaller heads and see if the larger survives?

Euphyllia97

Empty wallet member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there's some stringy like web coming off 1 of the smaller heads, the wrasse is picking at it, doesnt look good, should i remove the 2 smaller heads and see if the larger survives?
I have seen these strings multiple times. Normally not a sign the coral is dying. I would leave it in the tank. What are your params?

OP
OP
C

cdunn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen these strings multiple times. Normally not a sign the coral is dying. I would leave it in the tank. What are your params?
the head which the strings are coming from seems to be looking less healthy, water params are good as of a few days ago.i'm feeding 1 cube per day,2 sm clowns 1 fairy wrasse 1 sm yellow tang 1watchman goby ,plus assorted cuc, feed tank more? thx

Euphyllia97

Empty wallet member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the head which the strings are coming from seems to be looking less healthy, water params are good as of a few days ago.i'm feeding 1 cube per day,2 sm clowns 1 fairy wrasse 1 sm yellow tang 1watchman goby ,plus assorted cuc, feed tank more? thx
Depends on the values really... Any values for Alk, cal, mg, phos and nitrate?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 52 55.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back