Uncommon addition for 20 gallon?

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a geometric Pygmy Hawkfish. I have one great personality, very peaceful. Or a Yellow Banded Possum Wrasse, very small shy and peaceful. or a pair of Yasha Gobies and a red striped pistol shrimp.
I second the Pygmy hawk and yellow banded. I have both of these fish and they would absolutely thrive in a 20 gal as long as there’s a good amount of rock work for the wrasse to hunt pods on :) Sorry no pics of the wrasse, he’s too fast for a good photo
F5954E98-2019-4776-B82F-BBF0631EA1B2.jpeg
DBA764E7-4C93-4C5C-8E22-75D4B865374C.jpeg

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with this however with the leopard part, if you get 1 that’s an inch or less then it can fit for a few months to maybe a year. I got mine at .5” and she is now at 1”, I got her in September or august this year. Yes the pod population needs to be established for this fish, however if you have Atleast a 3’ tank she can go into (Wether that’s yours or someone else’s) then it will be an alright tank to start. My fairy and leopard don’t actually use every inch of the tank they more hang at the top or near the rocks (And they don’t dart either). Do I recommend this tank size for this fish long term? No, of course not. However if you have an exit plan when the time comes it’s not impossible.

I mean, they suggest a 3’ tank for tilefish… mines in a 4’ tank and doesn’t use every inch, at max he uses like 2’ of the tank, I will admit he hasn’t been in the tank long (4 days?). These fish aren’t like tangs that “need” to swim, but I do understand where it comes from. If you want the fish long term then a possum or pink streak is better.

Eh…I kept my blue star in a 25g the first year of its life and it glass surfed back and forth pretty badly even when small.

Size changes bioload but not really activity level.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh…I kept my blue star in a 25g the first year of its life and it glass surfed back and forth pretty badly even when small.

Size changes bioload but not really activity level.
True, I wonder why mine just scours the rock all day and does nothing like glass surfing. I guess every fish is different!

OP
OP
L

LukeSivyer45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True, I wonder why mine just scours the rock all day and does nothing like glass surfing. I guess every fish is different!
I just love wrasses, their behaviour is so unique and each subspecies is so cool its just a shame they need bigger tanks then i have

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back