Under tank mat needed for anti skid?

berry79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried searching and found plenty on leveling mats but, looking for something different. First tank in about 11yrs. Went with the biocube 32 with stand. The question I have is should there by some type of anti skid material needed between the tank and stand? Stand is perfectly leveled. It’s just the edge of the tank is close to the edge of the stand. Don’t want it to get bumped and slide off. It’s empty at the moment. Will it be pretty stationary once it’s filled with water? My previous tank stand had a lip that would prevent the tank from moving. Just want to get this right before I fill with rocks, sand and water.
thanks for any input

chaostactics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be very stationary. Under tank mats can also serve to reduce the chance of stress fractures later. If it's a rimless bottom tank make absolutely sure there isn't anything on the bottom not even a few grains of sand before putting it on the stand. If it's got a rimmed bottom a leveling mat won't do much.

OP
OP
berry79

berry79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be very stationary. Under tank mats can also serve to reduce the chance of stress fractures later. If it's a rimless bottom tank make absolutely sure there isn't anything on the bottom not even a few grains of sand before putting it on the stand. If it's got a rimmed bottom a leveling mat won't do much.
It’s a biocube so it does have the rimmed bottom. Just looking to see if I need any type of anti skid between stand and tank. Stand and tank are evel already.

chaostactics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The amount of force it'd take to knock a 30 gal tank off a stand is likely to break the stand or tank before it just slides off. If it'd help you sleep at night rubber shelf or drawer liner would do what you're looking for

parkwaytrash

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With more than 250 lbs of water it'll be hard to "bump and slide"
I have a 32 biocube and a stand that it came with that's a perfect fit, it doesn't move at all

OP
OP
berry79

berry79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect!!! Guess I’ll leave it as is and fill it up

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back