Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“Ultra” ... add $50 to price
“Nuclear“ ... add $100 to price
“Zombie” ... “Call for price”
"Ultra Nuclear Zombie" - forget your kids college fund! Hell, forget you have kids! Take a second mortgage on your house and buy this coral! Ignore the fact that it looks the same as others, this one's special. We promise....hurry while supplies last!

Last edited:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOLOL!!

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not sure why you didn't post the horsepower numbers but it certainly makes it harder explain why I paid so much for my Ferrari Red Monti Cap. (Which is so rare it's not even on your chart -- c'mon, Dave, keep up!! )

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would someone make a meme that’s so bold yet so true?!

My favorite is LE, like did you just pull the last piece of coral out of the ocean? Are you 100% sure that no more exist in the wild?
Doesn't matter if they exist in the wild if they are in a restricted area.

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People need to start voting with their wallets. I stopped buying coral nearly 2 years ago now as it was just getting stupid.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People need to start voting with their wallets. I stopped buying coral nearly 2 years ago now as it was just getting stupid.
That's not going to happen, at least at the current level. Unless the economy starts to tank, then this is probably the norm for now.

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I mean, that's the only thing that's going to change anything. Complaining about prices doesn't do anything if the vendors sell them as fast as they can list them.

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered corals from 3 places this week, all 3 vendors on here, and all three boxes arrived at my house at the same time today. My wife immediately brought the packages in to acclimate the corals before adding them to the tank.

The cheapest vendor had very few fancy names, had beautiful corals exactly as pictured, and the best shipping by far (well insulated and packaged, with a heat pack). All the corals and even the crocea clam were open and extended in the shipping bags. They even threw in an extra really nice Acan free of charge. Thanks @AquaSD you are now my only go-to coral shop online and I will always recommend you! This was my 3rd purchase from them and had nothing but perfection.

The other two had individually named frags and were not very well packaged. The most expensive, named SPS frags all came bleached or partially bleached but still alive, just ice cold from a lack of heat pack and night temps in the 40s in Michigan. The other were obviously really photoshopped images, since the colors were nowhere near what we received, and the corals are still closed up. They were cold as they lacked a heat pack as well.

You don't always get what you paid for.

Back