Understanding Hashtags

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2014
Messages
25,025
Reaction score
174,231
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The R2R forum has a great hashtag feature to be able to use for reaching out to a specific group of people (e.g., #mods, reef squad, etc.) and to people who follow hashtags about specific topics (e.g., clownfish, DIY, zoas, etc.).

I have read the information on how to find existing hashtags, create hashtags and follow hashtags.

On the page that lists the most popular tags some of the names are more than one word (e.g., #clown fish, #bounce mushroom, #build thread) with a space between the words. As you can see, it doesn't include the second word in the hashtag. While I am assuming that hashtags won't work unless it is one continuous word, I don't understand why words with spaces are included in the list of popular tags. Are tags and hashtags not the same thing? What am I missing?

If tags and hashtags are not the same, then is there a list of the most popular hashtags?
 
Thanks, I am totally ignorant on all things social media. I thought hash tag was a breakfast item

How bout #peace river rocks
 
Thanks, I am totally ignorant on all things social media. I thought hash tag was a breakfast item

How bout #peace river rocks

LOL. Well thanks for proving that is not a real hashtag!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new