Undulated Triggerfish - damaged fin

leviticus

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2020
Messages
42
Reaction score
4
Location
Bushnell, IL
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm considering buying this Undulated Triggerfish from LiveAquaria's Diver's Den. It's upper fin appears torn and there is a white line on it that runs horizontally. Is this a sign of parasite or disease? I called LiveAquaria, and they couldn't provide me with any information.

lg-1101231-027.jpg
 
Last edited:
I'm considering buying this Undulated Triggerfish from LiveAquaria's Diver's Den. It's upper fin appears torn and there is a white line on it that runs horizontally. Is this a sign of parasite or disease? I called LiveAquaria, and they couldn't provide me with any information.

lg-1101231-027.jpg

That looks like minor fin damage, not any real issue for a hardy species such as this.

My question is; do you know how nasty these get? Really, I would only keep one as a singleton.

Jay
 
It looks fine but like jay said it’s probably the meanest fish sold in the trade. You can’t keep anything else in the tank.
 
As jay warned- This is the one fish that literally took skin off my finger. They will use their razor sharp teeth to get what they want
 
I had on e in the 80s when I was in high school. When I got close to the tank he would shoot water out at me. And he was accurate. They always wanna fight. Mine killed a clown trigger that was 8 inch when it was like 2-3 inches then I put in a tessalatta eel with it which after a couple years the 6-7 inch undulated took out the 3 foot tesse
 
I have a 210 that's been fallow for a couple years. I'm planning on keeping a
Panther Grouper, Tessalata Eel, and Dragon Wrasse with the Undulated Triggerfish.
 
Would a Titan, Queen, or Bluelined Trigger be a better fit with those tank mates instead of the Undulated?
 
Blue line would be fine. They are more docile. But the tessalatta will eventually be a single spencore tank once it matures

queen and Titan are too big and aggressive for that small of a tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new