Unfinished business: What projects did you not get to finish in 2022?

What projects did you not get to finish in 2022?

• Adding coral

Votes: 72 33.6%
  • Adding fish

Votes: 59 27.6%
  • Upgrading pumps/plumbing

Votes: 37 17.3%
  • Upgrading control system

Votes: 43 20.1%
  • Replacing tank/stand

Votes: 29 13.6%
  • Adding another tank/frag system

Votes: 36 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 38 17.8%
  • None. I finished the whole list of projects.

Votes: 31 14.5%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Unfinished business: What projects did you not get to finish in 2022?

So often the year starts with so many plans and so much promise. For many of us, we seem to run out of year before we finish all the projects on our list. Were you hoping to add more fish or coral in 2022? Maybe you were hoping to upgrade the pumps, the plumbing, or the control system? Were you hoping to replace a tank or add a frag tank? Was there some other project that you didn’t get to or were you able to complete all the projects on your list? Let’s talk about what didn’t get done…will you keep it on the list for next year or have you moved on?

BrandonRushPlumbing.png

Image by @Brandon Rush

EakTheFreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added SPS coral to my system! Now I have them all. Basic starter SPS but it’s still exciting:

• Sunset Monti
• Goldrush Monti
• Aquaman monti
• Bubble gum digi
• Orange Setosa
• Blue birdsnest
• Green goddess birdnest coral

@Eak_The_Freaks_Reef on instagram!!!! Check it out!!!!!

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't get to a lot of maintenance. Tank hit a year in october. Still need to do:
UV bulb replacement
Pull return pumps, reactor pump, skimmer pump out to clean
Clean all mp40's and gyres (rs 45')
Clean lights
Replace heater with the 2 helios heaters and controller
clean sump out a bit
Move UV pump to main sump compartment and turn part of 2nd sump into frag area. Maybe. Or expand refugium.

Checked add fish and coral, but that is ongoing. I like wavy corals (but not softies) so I did get my torch garden started and the duncans are nice and full and wavy. Like 2 mounds of cousin IT lol's. Also some nice acros growing and thriving.

Did not catch up the danged damsels and get them out and did not get more anthias in there or a kole tang.

So lots to do in 2023 including cleaning glass lol's
20221228_105446.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly don’t know what to do in 2023 with my reefs. I guess it’s just adding coral now. I found my final fish for a while (I may add a couple others to my 3’ reef but I like having 6 small guys in my SPS reef).
This guy was my final fish I picked up today :)
6C42E6C2-8397-4195-842F-79D99ED05D36.jpeg

So in 2023 I guess I just need to find some nice leathers and acro colonies for the 4’ tank and in my nano I guess it’s just a game of letting things grow out.

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to redo my sump but didn't, decided the skimmer could just sit there aerating and I didn't really need those baffles.

I also didn't do my battery back up but I still have a few days to knock that out.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The same project for the last 3 years was not completed this year. I have 2 more years to go to complete if I can ever say it's completevand finished. I began my current tank up 3 years ago, its a 5 year project to get it where I want it to be. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will my reef be.
Polish_20221225_104450787.jpg

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several things!
2023 will be interesting.

keithIHS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, didn't finish: upgrade metal stand with wood panels, upgrading hood, dedicated electric circuits, plumbing connections at water storage station and at display, overflow alarms in mixing station and ATO, programming and testing overflow alarms beneath DT, defeating algae in DT, starting a build thread, and of course adding coral.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drilling holes in my tank stand cabinet so I can add shelves. That project has literally been staring me in the face for over a year so I guess this is two New Years of procrastination. LOL.

Pridedcloth3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm gonna go with other, basically wanna rescape using tbs live rock. But with all the encrusting I may start a new tank and go 100% natural. Natural light, water, tbs rock, and populate it with frags from my current system. Something different but not necessarily new.

Nightfyre

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't finish building my tank stand. Life, holidays and the recent earthquake kind of threw my schedule for a loop lol.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't get much done on my reef this past year. I was too busy with work which kept me from focusing upon the list. Funny thing about the list is that I think it was in my planner that I lost back in 2019?

I have a question about what the over achievers have claimed to have accomplished in 2022; "How do you know when your reef is finished?" I'm still trying to figure that out myself and I just can't see it.

Maybe I'll put that on the list for 2023.

Ice Hockey Love GIF by NHL

Happy Hailee Steinfeld GIF by Pitch Perfect
Kisses Love GIF by Alissandra

:cool: I'm gonna go plan for the new year now.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 71 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 46.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.8%
Back